Saturday, March 14, 2015

Goodbye Winter 2014-15

The calmness of the snowfall, white winter wonderland as far as my eyes could see, and the soft feel of snow under my feet ... Winter 2014-15 was gorgeous! We got lots of snow, in fact it was more than what I was expecting. Even though I wasn't able to go out and build a snowman or be a part of Abbie's Hobbit Hole building, I enjoyed the snow greatly.

This year we had some pretty extreme days when it was brutal to be outside. The wind was so cold in our faces, it felt like our cheeks were being cut away by some sharp object. It was great fun watching Abbie deal with the cold *winks*. She is really not a fan of cold because, unlike me who needs super cold temperatures to actually make me shiver, Abbie needs very little chill to feel frozen out completely. Poor Bestie used to tuck herself in five layers of different blankets and throws before falling asleep at night. It was fun to watch, heehee! It wasn't fun when mama fell sick; she caught a really bad cold after a shopping trip to Giant and back and it was brutal to see her coughing around the house. I had my share of bad times too because the stitched up wound I had on my arm  from the recent surgery somehow hurt more when it was super cold. 

Winter and Fall are the two seasons that bring with them lots of photography opportunities. While Fall brings the many shades of colors, Winter brings the total white that looks super cool in my camera. The photo above was captured by mama from her window. I'll stop for a minute and take a pause resulting from jealousy because she gets the pretty backyard view from her room. Anyhow, the pictures she took were fantastic!

In my sick mode, I managed to capture some good shots too from the living room window. The backyard looked fantastic when covered in snow. It felt as if I was in the middle of a wonderland, and no, I wasn't as curious and annoying as Alice was! I was creative and took photos!


We didn't build snowmen or have snowball fights this year because I wasn't well, but that didn't mean we didn't have fun! Snow is always fun and you always find something gorgeous that forces you to take out your camera and go snapping away. One fine snow day, we found a gorgeous frozen piece of ice hanging from our van's side door. The water dripping from the car had frozen up and it looked so classic!

 
We resisted the urge to kick it away at first, but then we thought otherwise and decided to shoot it on camera! Abbie did the kicking and I was the fabulousness behind the camera. And then of course a snow day isn't complete until you've doodled something in the snow. I'd been watching Pretty Little Liars a lot (and am still watching so no spoilers!) so the first thing I could think of was how the girls see A signed off everywhere they go. I randomly wrote A on the van and snapped a picture! I then remembered to rub it off because the last time I had doodled in the mist on my brother's car it had scared the living daylights out of him. He thought somebody had doodled, 'I saw you!' and ran away overnight.

Snow was great fun and created a gazillion more precious Bestie Times memories for me and Abbie. Winter has come to an end though, and despite Abbie sighing in relief beside me all the time to finally be seeing some sun, I am not really looking forward to the many bugs that Spring will soon be bringing in! Flowers are pretty but flowers attract bugs and bugs find me and I freak out when I see bugs and it is just absolutely not cool!
Yep, that pretty much sums it up!

Until next winter ...

No comments:

Post a Comment