Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Wacky Finds Series ~ Volume 6

It's time for Volume 6 of The Wacky Finds Series!
These are a monthly series I started out of sheer awe of how crazy things around me are! Here's what this is about ... Ahem Ahem: When my awesome self steps out of my bed each morning I meet a world of crazies. People, things, phenomena, and acts of nature which are simply too unusual to miss and not record! The Wacky Finds Series will cover all the weird stuff that I find along my way; good weird, awkward weird, bad weird, I-totally-don't-get-this weird .. all kinds of weird shall be recorded and snapped without any discrimination!

My love for Cabbage Patch dolls began when I first set my eyes on them about 5 years ago. These dolls are sooooo wacky, I swear! The cute and adorable kind of wacky, of course! My love increased when I saw Blair and Dan had a Cabbage Patch in Gossip Girl. Since then I've been dying to adopt one but have still not found one that took my heart away!

Okay super wacky, this Kinesio Tape thingy. As my blog already tells 2015 began with an upper arm surgery for me. Post surgery I had some trouble with arm movement and my mother's chiropractor put this stupid tape on my arm! It was supposed to work for normal human beings but for me, I just found a good wacky find ... no other use!

Third wacky find are these cacti! Oh my God I do not like cacti, I find them creepy and evil! Abbie wanted a tiny sized one so we were out there looking at these. Sadly for her, none of them were artificial like she had wanted. She didn't want to change the soil/mud thingy and deal with all the dirt so she didn't buy these.

Meet Peer Saiyeen, the fourth wacky find! Abbie drew this on the white board I plan my weekly menu on, or should I say he blessed my menu plan with his presence. *laughs* Let me tell you what Pee Saiyeen is. Mama once cooked Zarda (a sweet rice dish) and sang something that went like, "Peer Saiyeen aanda, meethay chaawal khaanda (Peer Saiyeen comes and eats sweet rice)!" We asked her what total absurdity she was doing *laughs* and she explained how when she was growing up there used to be some tv show that had a character called Peer Saiyeen who sang this song! Errrr ... thank goodness I grew up in a different time!

Last wacky find for this time round is super desi! This is what is called a 'Palki' and is used in Desi weddings by a lot of people. It is called a palanquin in English and is basically a wheel less form of transport that has four pole like things attached to it. Four people, which in a desi wedding situation are usually brothers or cousins of the bride, carry the palki using the four poles and the bride sits inside or on top (in an open one) as she's brought inside the shaadi (wedding) hall. I found this outside a desi boutique and just had to take a picture! If I ever get married my wedding won't have one of these ... one, because I don't have that many brothers or cousins to carry me and two, because I'm not particularly small-boned. Oh and three, walking inside with a beautiful bridal dress on is much more impressive than being carried inside like you had trouble walking!

That's all for this time! Until the next five wacky finds ... have a wacky day!

No comments:

Post a Comment