Sunday, December 20, 2015

Jhat Pat Tandoori Chicken Bites


Deliciousness achieved in a few minutes from start to finish is awesome, right? That's exactly what Jhat Pat Tandoori Chicken Bites are, deliciousness cooked up in a jiffy! Jhat Pat is just a term used to describe 'quick' in Urdu. This is one of those recipes I came up with on a really busy day when I wanted to cook some chicken super quick to accompany the rice I had made for dinner that night.

I usually don't use ready made packet spice mixes but when I'm in a hurry I go for them because they are such a tasty life saver. This is one of those recipes that uses a Tandoori Chicken spice mix. Now, I like using the National brand but any spice mix you prefer would work just fine. I've doubled the recipe a few times too so if you want a bigger serving feel free to double the recipe.

Ingredients

  • Boneless Chicken Breasts - 2 or 3 pieces cut into strips
  • Oil - 2 to 3 tbsp.
  • Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp.
  • Tandoori Masala - 2 tsp. National Brand or brand of choice
  • Yogurt - 2 tbsp.
  • Salt - According to taste

Method
Cut the boneless chicken breasts into strips and add to a large pan for cooking.

Add the oil to the pan along with the ginger garlic paste and tandoori masala. It is optional to leave the chicken to marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. I've skipped marination when in a hurry and it tasted just as brilliant as with marination.

Add yogurt and mix everything well so that the chicken is fully coated.

Cook the chicken until it is done and the masala has dried into a thick curry paste. The chicken will be done quickly so avoid over cooking or it'll become dry. I cook till the curry becomes thick enough to stay coated on the chicken pieces and oil separates from the sides.

Delicious Tandoori Chicken Bites are ready to be served in a jiffy! This dish tastes delicious with seasoned rice or even chapaatis with achaar (desi pickles) on the side. The spice mix I've used has just the right blend of spices in it so that these chicken bites are hot and spicy, super tasty, and .... droooooooool.

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment