Sunday, December 13, 2015

My New Kindle Paperwhite! Woohoo!

Oh that fine moment when my Kindle Paperwhite came in my hands. It was a feeling as if I'd bought the entire bookstore, rented out the entire library, and taken possession of every single book ever written in the world. I was finally going to be able to read whichever random book I would be attracted to now. It was a dream come true!


I'd been eating Abbie's brains about my 'book reading problem' all year. She'd suggested a million ways and I was forever as indecisive as I could possibly be. First, she had me sign up on Book Bub and I'd agreed to. Each week deals came my way for free ebooks in my email. I read a few but was turned off because they weren't the top sellers, the mainstream books, and they even had spelling errors and felt informal to me. It was a temporary high of reading books which soon died away and I was back in Abbie's study to eat her brains again. She finally suggested I should buy Kindle and buy books once and for all. She said I won't be reading books too quickly anyway, thanks to our schedules, so it wasn't like I'd be spending millions on books each month. I was a little doubtful about wanting to spend all that money but I wanted to read SO bad at the same time. I thought of trying Oyster Books but just when I convinced myself I'd check out the 30 day free trial the company announced they'd be discontinuing their services. How convenient! Finally, some miracle must have happened in the heavens somewhere, for I was convinced about buying a Kindle Paperwhite!

It arrived within a few days and I instantly created a shared library with Abbie and downloaded The Mortal Instruments on my Kindle. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I love it so much already, I can't wait till I finish the series and buy more books. It's so awesome. I'm waiting for my gorgeous cover to arrive in the mail too, and of course I'll show it off on my blog once it's in my hands. Now excuse me please as I go off and lose myself in the world of Shadowhunters ...

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your love for your Kindle. My kids bought me one a few years ago (a Kindle Fire) and it's been my constant companion ever since. I do still by regular books, but mostly they are either remainders that were published a few years ago and so are very cheap, or they are special editions that will look splendid on my bookshelf. ;-)

    Also, did you know there are tens-of-thousands of books you can get for FREE? Amazon has the copyrights to editions of books published prior to, um, 1926 (I think) and you can download them to your Kindle at no charge. I went nuts and downloaded hundreds of old editions of the classics, as well as historical works and biographies, etc, from the 19th and early 20th centuries. I can't believe how much ideas have changed over the year, and writing styles as well. You should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only bookshelf I have in my room right now has been converted into a Harry Potter corner and displays all of my HP merchandise. So there is no place to buy and place books on there. I'm buying another shelf soon (smaller one!) but that too won't have books, it'll be more of my decorative items that are not Potter related. So a Kindle is AWESOME for me, haha!
      Thanks for suggesting downloading older titles! I will, only once I am done drooling over Jace from the Mortal Instruments series!

      Delete