Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I'm Homesick & There Is No Cure For It


I love traveling and visiting cool places for brilliant adventures but it's been an exhausting January for me. I've been away from home traveling and have grown painfully home sick. You know what the worse part is? There is no cure for it!

So where are we exactly? I'm currently visiting my birth town Karachi where I'm dealing with badtameez darzis (misbehaved tailors), major traffic jams (they just had to reconstruct all the major roads while I was visiting!), and a partially locked house because we moved out. Basically Dad has kept the part of the house that he uses well managed but the  rest of it hasn't been maintained properly. I've had slow internet and no television the entire month because Dad never bothered providing us those. Imagine!

Now, why are we here? Besides our regular visits to our birth town to catch up with the family members we have here, we had another reason for travel as well. Back in September when we'd performed Hajj we'd decided to take two of my uncles there as well. So my siblings and I have sponsored our uncles (with special needs) for performing Umrah. They've never traveled before, nor have they seen much outside of their hospital where they reside so we took them to Madinah and Makkah and back.

This entire trip has been physically and emotionally draining. Traveling has been hectic and I've faced multiple emotional challenges throughout the entire month. I've been on a roller coaster with numerous 360 degree spins and nearly vertical falls that send chills up your spine and make your heart drop right inside your stomach. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my heart has fallen deep inside my stomach somewhere and if I don't reach my beautiful cozy home soon I doubt there'll be some kind of permanent internal damage in me.

The last few days of our trip remain and I can't wait to get back home. I'll finally be able to get back to my blog too! I have lots of awesomeness planned for February so I'm majorly looking forward to blogging once I reach home. Here's crossing my fingers, practicing deep breathing, and hoping with maximum might that I'll reach home soon enough and get back to my daily routine. Good luck to me until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment