Sunday, February 25, 2018

I'm Taking the 2018 GoodReads Reading Challenge

I've been doing it since the past two years and I'm taking up the GoodReads Reading Challenge again for 2018. Reuniting with my love of reading has been one of the best things to happen to me since the past decade. I love it! I love the thrill of picking up a story and devouring it page to page. I love the way I can imagine every little detail of a book in my head. I love the way I can find new characters and relate or not with them. I love reading. I just love it! It's my escape through thick or thin. It's life saving and one of my most favorite hobbies.

I'm taking up the challenge again this year!

In 2016, when I first took up this challenge I had newly purchased my Kindle and had no idea how much I would be able to read in an year. So I took up a challenge of five books and had the time of my life reading each word until I'd successfully completed the challenge. Next year, in 2017 I knew life was very busy with work and home management, so I took up a five books' challenge again and it went great. So in 2018 I'm challenging myself to reading at least five books once again. I know how busy my life is so I can't kid myself and promise a bigger number. I juggle work, chores, blogging, baking, and my creative stuff all in a span of twenty four hours and reading happens somewhere in there too. My plan for this year is to complete my umpteenth re reading of the Harry Potter series. I read the first two in the series last year so I'll be reading the remaining five. Technically that should complete the challenge for 2018 but I have a couple of really good books in my 'want to read' list which may just make it in there too. You never know what I end up feeling like reading! So good luck to me this year.

Find and join me on Goodreads by clicking HEREI'm fairly new to the site too and would love to find reading buddies! Here's something to motivate you ... EMMA WATSON is on Goodreads and you can follow her!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've not read a book for way over a year now, so I need to start that again! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tania,
      Thanks!
      I had been away from reading for years too! Then I got a Kindle for myself and decided to reunite with my love of reading. It's been so good!
      Hope you get to do that soon too!

      Delete