Friday, May 4, 2018

Sara's Word ~ It's Been A Bumpy Ride

Woohoo! April is done. It's May already. I witnessed the showers and can see the blooming flowers. Now what? What's up!? What's happening? What has happened? What shall happen? So much to think about, so much going on. Where do we start?

Let's start with what's been happening so far, shall we?
April this year was possibly the most happening April of my life so far. On the first of April began the Blogging from A to Z Challenge for the month. On the fourth my darling baby niece Chunky arrived in our lives and filled it with a double dose of adorableness. Then dad visited us to meet the new baby. All this while my wrists were in a pathetic condition. Phew! That's a lot to happen in April. Now details, yes. Here we go.

When Chunky came in our lives we lost track of time completely. She was adorable. She smelled BABY and oh my God I was going to bite her because she looked just so cuteeeeeeee! *laughs* She took over our hearts, our times, our lives .. everything! First we welcomed her home, then hosted a little lunch for bro's in laws to come and celebrate with us. Then we got busy with her adorable ways in general .. because she moves and we go all awwwwwwwww. Just like that.


Our next busy bee was dad! Whenever dad gets to visit we give him the royal treatment. *laughs* Dad is a wee bit difficult to please so we literally bring out our best. We cook our best possible recipes, clean the house up in super fine detail so he doesn't say 'clutter' while he stays, and make sure he gets the best. Hahaha! It's super busy, therefore. Ever since my baby nieces have arrived it has become double the treat to witness Daadaa play with the babies. It's so adorable to see dad with her grand daughters.

Oh and the April A to Z Blogging challenge. It was a REAL challenge this year. With so much happening I was struggling to keep up with the daily posts. But you know what? I survived. And that too with the most beautiful and yummy posts. I didn't miss even a single day, although once I almost did, posting my entry for the day ten minutes before the clock struck midnight! Wooo .. that was a close one, that was!


I'd have had double my speed through all this if only my wrists were functioning okay. Like I mentioned earlier here something's seriously been up with my wrists. First, they were both wrists, then just my right, and now it's back to both of them being off. My chiropractor tried all kinds of adjustments and laser therapy and what not. Now, she has finally given up and showed me the boot. Just kidding. She says according to 'protocol' I should get an x-ray done, go see an ortho, and 'come as needed'. To be honest, the 'as needed' instruction did sound like she was saying toodles to me so I took a hint.

May has begun at last and let me see what I'm planning next. So currently, I'm scheduled to see an ortho for my wrists soon. Meanwhile, I've stopped going to the chiro. The A to Z is done and I'm breathing fresh air again (minus the pollen causing allergies). I'm already spinning awesome blogging ideas in my head for the future. As for the rest, I really don't want to plan anything. I have no idea what I'm looking at in terms of this ortho appointment so I don't want to make plans and then be disappointed for not keeping up with them. Ramadan is approaching soon so there's a buzz of excitement in the air along with panic. There's so much to be done and so much to look forward to!

Here I am hoping my wrists feel better soon. It's been a pretty bumpy ride and I'm going to keep my seat belts fastened and take whatever comes at me head on. Meanwhile, let me just go with the flow for a change, see how things turn up for me, and just try not to catch fire in the blazing heat that May is bringing with it! *laughs*

Happy May lovelies!
XoXo

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your wrists. I hope they feel better soon. Glad you were able to power through the A to Z challenge. I always enjoy reading your posts. Everything you make looks so delicious. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow your comment went as spam so I just came across it Karen!
      My wrists are still not all okay but got a tad bit better!
      Thank you so much!

      Delete