Saturday, August 4, 2018

Potterific July Challenge 2018 Was Bloody Brilliant!

Speaking in true Ron Weasley mode, the Potterific July 2018 Instagram Challenge was BLOODY BRILLIANT! When I'd thought of hosting the challenge, I literally had no idea it would become so big and would be loved so dearly by all. I met so many Potterheads thanks to this challenge, all of whom were the sweetest of people. Everyone showered the challenge with compliments and I got so many requests to host another for the month of August too! *laughs* It was just brilliant! Thanks to the challenge we had the most magical month of July on Instagram; our feeds became more magical and the #PotterificJuly feed got populated with the most stunning collection of pictures ever! It was such a big hit!


On the first of July I had woken up super excited to see how many people would join my challenge and within just a few hours I was overwhelmed with joy because of how much excitement I had stirred up on Instagram for everyone! *laughs* This was just SO awesome and I knew then and there that the rest of the month was going to be fabulous. Over the next thirty one days PotterificJuly was joined by at least ONE HUNDRED AND TEN fabulous Potterheads, if I counted correctly! A hundred people - WOW!

A lot of them had a lot of awesome things to say to me too. If the challenge did one thing for sure it was boosting my confidence and filling up my life with lots of love! This was yet another time when the Harry Potter fandom came to my aid when I was emotionally feeling pretty meh. This fandom is officially the best in the world!


Some of the participants told me the challenge was the best part of their summer holidays!
I am so glad I brightened up somebody's summer holidays! Just imagine how awesome that must make me feel! Everyday the challenge kept on growing and growing and growing. From a hundred posts we reached two hundred, three, four, five, six ... and on and on it went. On a super awesome day I woke up to find that a Potterhead had visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and taken a moment to raise a toast to me and to everyone participating in the challenge. Oh and it wasn't just a toast. It was a BUTTERBEER toast! She mentioned me especially in her post and I ended up crying happy tears!


On another day I woke up to a message telling me they had started their Instagram profile because of me and my challenge at 3am in the morning! The challenge truly touched hearts and I am so happy to have been a part of it!


And the love just kept on pouring in!
I woke up to more and more awesome messages every day!


People put in their heart and soul into the challenge. Even on the days when they had no movie props or merch to feature in their posts they went out of the way to make sure they didn't miss a day. Some of them were super creative and even made beautiful drawings like this one...


By the time July was headed for its end I was beaming each time I logged on to my Instagram. I always had a message or two waiting for me in my inbox to brighten up my day!



And of course when the love overwhelmed me I burst into an emotional speech and flashed a message for all my fellow Potterheads on my Insta Stories. It came straight from the heart ...


The Potterific July challenge wasn't just loved by its participants. A lot of people told me their friends and family were loving the challenge even though they hadn't taken part in it. The challenge really grew with immense speed and soon we even needed a second stories highlight because our first was full of awesomeness!



Sadly, a time came when July decided to come to an end. I have never in all my life been so sad about July ending. It felt like I was saying goodbye to friends. I just couldn't imagine waking up on the first of August and not having a picture prompt to take pictures for. It just didn't make sense. On the last day of the challenge I sent everyone a heartfelt thank you message and they replied back with the sweetest of words ...

Hey Potterheads!
The challenge has come to an end & I’m writing to say thank you for making PotterificJuly so successful! It was indeed a hit! ❤️
A lot of you asked me to host another one but I’ll have a busy August. Never say never though! 😉
Lets raise a Butterbeer toast to the most fantastic fandom in the universe and to Potterific July! 🍺
Hope you’ll join me again for PotterificJuly 2019! 😍
Stay Pottering,
Wishing you all loads of magic!
~ Sara


 

1300+ posts. 110 Potterheads. 31 days. 1 challenge.
Immense loads of love and magic!
Potterific July 2018 was magical and shall be missed dearly!
Now I just have to wait until Potterific July 2019 begins!
Thank you Potterheads!

No comments:

Post a Comment