Friday, November 9, 2018

A Letter to She Who Believes In Me

Dear Abbie,

Today's November Journaling Month's prompt wants me to write a letter to someone who believed in me even when I didn't believe in myself. Who else could it be? It's obviously you. The only human being who has stood by me in every possible crazy thing I decided to do. You've been there, you've said what needed to be said to keep me sane and on track, and you've raised me like a parent. I love you Boozie!

When have I not faltered in believing in myself? And when have you ever given up on me? You've been there telling me I would never know if I could unless I tried since the beginning. And look at where it has brought me. I'd have been nothing had it not been for you. I wouldn't have had a blog had it not been for you. I wouldn't even be a baker and cake artist had it not been for you. I remember standing in the kitchen telling you I wanted to try baking after watching Cake Boss but I wouldn't be able to do it. And you said, "Get the stuff and try it. You wouldn't know you could unless you give it a try." You got me my first hand held mixer, the first ingredients and supplies, my first cupcake pan! And look at me today, I'm planning you another super awesome cake for your birthday in ten days because I CAN! You literally are the reason why I am what I am today.

I love you. I really do. And I just can't say it enough. You are the reason I am alive to this day and the reason why I keep going. I love you, I love you, I love you! Thanks for always being the voice of reason and confidence in my life!

XoXo,
Sheratonius (or however you spell it!)

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment