Friday, April 10, 2020

Ice Cream From Florean Fortescue's ~ Ranked By Me


Creamy, rich, and mind blowingly delicious. That is what the ice cream at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour is like! It is that premium quality kind of a treat, you know? The kind that you just take a bite of and are transported to a fantastical heavenly dimension. Abbie and I get the souvenir cup most of the time, occasionally indulging in the cones. We get a cup with two scoops of two different flavors and then we get two spoons and share. Whether we sit near Celestina's stage area or stand under the Gringotts dragon, we completely lose our grasp of time when we're eating Florean's treats. It's just ... TOO GOOD!


But wait. Which one of those scrumptious flavors is my favorite?
(Sorting Hat tone) Hmmm, difficult, very difficult!
Today, I'm planning to rank them according to my preference. And asking an always hungry person like me who is in love with each and every flavor to pick her favorites should technically be declared a criminal act, but still ... I can try! I can do this! *breathe in* *breathe out*


Here they are ranked from my least favorite to the best flavor EVER!!!

#10. Earl Gray and Lavender
Now, I don't want to offend fans of Earl Gray and Lavender because I know there are people who absolutely love these flavors. But me? HATE! I hated this. This was like taking a bite out of some kind of muscle pain relieving ointment thing. This was BAD. This was so horrible I did not understand how to fix my taste after this. I didn't even order it, Abbie did, and I just tried a bite. Disgusting. I think I'm clearly not a fan of Earl Gray or Lavender. Not for me at all.

#09. Clotted Cream
This one was not for me. I thought it was tangy like frozen yogurt. There was a lot of yogurt-like something going on in this. I'm NOT a fan of frozen yogurt. So this was not my flavor.

#08. Chocolate
I did not want to get a 'normal' flavor so nobody ended up ordering this one. So unfortunately, I have no idea how to review this! But I am still hundred percent sure that this would rank higher and better than the two I mentioned before. You can never go wrong with chocolate and all the other chocolatey flavors at Florean's are really yummy so ...


#07. Vanilla
Now, honestly why would someone want to get Vanilla when there are all those crazy good flavors around? So I did not order this, but I did get a chance to taste some when mama got it. It isn't the regular Vanilla. It is really really good premium kind of rich Vanilla. Really good!

#06. Chocolate and Raspberry This is a really fresh and happy flavor combination. The chocolate is supremely rich and the raspberry is the happiest thing ever. I think if I had to describe this one I'd say fresh and happy. That would pretty much sum up its deliciousness.

#05. Apple Crumble This is really yummy! It's a fruity tangy flavor that reminds me of some kind of delicious apple dessert. So the ice cream is this tangy one that is super creamy and then each bite has some hidden surprises. There's the crisp apple chunks and the crispy crumble bits. It's just so delicious! It doesn't feel like it's all one hard pack scooped up ice cream. Instead it feels like you made them add toppings and fillings to it. This is a real good one!

#04. Strawberry and Peanut Butter
I love this. I think it is very refreshing. The strawberry is nice and sweet and the peanut butter gives a good kick along with the sweet and lovely strawberry. It's not the bad kind of peanut butter that I sometimes don't like - you know like sometimes it can be a bit off. Nope, it is a very good peanut butter - the rich kind, the saltyish kind, the yummy kind!

#03. Sticky Toffee Pudding
My dear God this one is sooooooo good. There's the perfect combination of sweet and crunchy. The ice cream is creamy and delicious and is slightly salty and very sweet and thennnnn those crunchy bits of toffee! Those sticky toffee bits are soooo yummy!


#02. Chocolate Chili
I don't think I have EVER tasted anything like the Chocolate Chili in all my life. When I first tried it I took a bite and thought, "Hmmm, this is a really really good quality rich chocolate ice cream. Why did they say it has chili? There's no chili, it's just cho ----- WOAH!" Bigggggg spice kick all of a sudden befuddles me and then all that comes out of my mouth is WOAH and OOOH and AAAH! Same happens with Abbie. The spice is hot. It hits not in the mouth but more like in the back of it ... like the mouth has chocolate but the throat has chili and then you have to take another bite to try and understand how that even happens but then that bite doesn't solve your confusion either so you have to take another and another and another and another .... SO GOOD.

#01. Salted Caramel Blondie
I promise you, this is what they'll be serving in heaven. THIS IS THE BEST ICE CREAM FLAVOR TO EVER EXIST IN THE UNIVERSE. There is salty, there is sweet, there is creamy, there is rich, there is the salted caramel, and there are actual huge chunks of the most tastiest of blondie brownie everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I cried actual tears when I tasted this one. Actual actual tears. This is heavenly. Absolutely divine. After eating this I don't know how I will ever love any other ice cream flavor in my life. Like, how do you live after tasting something that is SO delicious? How do you carry on with normal life? This is magic. There has to be magic in this ice cream. There just has to be because there can be no other explanation for how exceptional this is!!!

Now I'm craving ice cream!!! Now look what you made me dooooooooooo!
MUST GET ME SOME SALTED CARAMEL BLONDIEEEEEEEEEE!

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. I think the Sticky Toffee Pudding and the Salted Caramel Blondie would be my favorites. They both sound amazing. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! They are SO good. BEST flavors EVER! :D

      Delete
  2. I almost had to stop reading this post... I was drooling too much. I think my votes would go for Chocolate and Raspberry and the Sticky Toffee Pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Both very very VERY good choices! :D

      Delete