Friday, May 20, 2022

Watching The Secrets of Dumbledore At the Theater! (Spoiler Free!)


In an unexpected turn of events, I found myself sitting in front of the big screen, ensconced in a cozy recliner, my new Potter backpack on the little table in front of me, waiting for The Secrets of Dumbledore to begin. Complete disbelief. That's what I felt. Absolute disbelief. Like, you know, the kind of disbelief Uncle Vernon felt when he saw the cat outside his house reading a map.

To say it was impossible would be an understatement. The chances of me getting to watch the movie were just ... impossible. Mama would never allow Abbie and I on the highway by ourselves and bro basically refused to drive us when it released in April because he was too busy in Ramadan. There were rumors that the movie wouldn't do well and would be taken down from theaters sooner than normal. When I saw May begin and chances of watching the movie still looked bleak there even came a time when I convinced myself that I'd watch it when it would release on HBO Max or eventually months later on DVD. Yep, it was a pretty bad situation until one day ... everything suddenly changed.

You know how it happens when suddenly the clouds clear and the weather gets a total hundred percent makeover? It will sound dramatic (and I'm unapologetically dramatic! *laughs*) but that's how it happened. I swear! Bro texted and told us when he was available. I looked online to see if the movie was still there. Abbie booked the tickets. Next thing I know I was in the car and Bow Tie Cinemas was approaching and this was suddenly HAPPENING!?


OH MY GOD, IT WAS HAPPENING! Finally! It sank in at last when the doors of the elevator opened and we finally stepped on to the carpeted area that marked the entrance to Bow Tie. It was happeninggggggg! Yasssssss! Finally finally fin-uhhhhhhh-lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I was jumping with excitement in my heart, because thanks to my hurting ankle and foot jumping actually wasn't possible!


I'd picked my outfit for today to match the occasion and Abbie and I were twinning too. We wore a beautiful dress with magical creatures from the Wizarding World printed all over. Fantastic Beasts all over our dresses screamed our excitement for the next movie in this franchise. Oh and lets not forget our bags! Our beautiful new Hogwarts backpacks! It was the perfect day to bring these new babies out for a walk ... and a movie! I also had my Deathly Hallows sneakers on along with some Potter themed jewelry! Everything looked FANTASTIC!

The first thing we did was to look for the movie's poster display. However, just as I had feared, coming so late meant they'd taken it down. There wasn't even a single poster on display for me to get a good picture taken with. It was a bit disappointing. Of course with our kind of luck there was another little hiccup before we got to our seats in the theater too. Our food went missing! Hahahaha! I laugh now but back when our order mysteriously disappeared there and the clock kept ticking closer to the time stated on our tickets, it was stressful! We didn't know if our order was taking extra long (like majorly extra) or had it been canceled? Then we finally asked and one of the folks there pretended something went wrong and they were restarting making the entire order. We're pretty sure they'd never worked on it in the first place. Anyhoo, the food finally was brought to us and we proceeded to find our seats!

When the movie began I cannot tell you how it felt to actually have made it there. It wasn't real, it didn't feel real. When you live with the kind of muggles that I do, coordinating magical events like such is very difficult. Like, VERY difficult. I couldn't stop feeling grateful for every single second of the movie.


And the movie, my friends. THE MOVIE. I loved it. I simply loved it. I laughed, cried, I had SO much fun! Secrets were revealed! My theories were proving right, my theories were proving wrong. There was so much happening both on screen and inside me ... it was BEAUTIFUL! It was just FANTASTIC! Yessssssss, this sequel in the Fantastic Beasts series was FANTASTIC!

I will not be giving away any secrets in this post like I promised but instead I'll post a detailed review of the movie in another post. Of course it will be heavily loaded with spoiler warnings so if you're avoiding spoilers I'll totally be respectful of that. Because after all, a few days ago, I was the one avoiding spoilers while the entire world went on to watch the movie and post details. It was annoying! Hahaha!

So stay tuned for a detailed review of the movie, but for now I will say this: I do not know why there are people out there discouraging others from watching the movie. I do not know why people have so many negative opinions about it. It is not Harry Potter. It is a prequel spin-off thingy. It is in its own an entirely different movie and story and in my opinion it is great! There was humor, action, romance, fun, mystery, magic ... LOTS OF MAGIC! There was SO much to love and I loved all of it!


I was stunned out of reality by the time the movie came to an end. We ended this magical day out with a delicious loaded Sundae! Yummmm! Oh and you know what the best part was at the end of the day? We found a full size poster of the movie at Hot Topic's display! We squealed, literally! I finally got a good picture with the movie poster! It may not have been inside the theater but hey, it was literally everything I wanted!

Oh and before I go, once again, SO GRATEFUL I GOT TO WATCH THE MOVIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment