Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Java Fix ~ The Coffee Casanova Cupcakes


Today, let me bombard you with pictures guaranteed to make you drool!
Today, enjoy this delicious blog post with your cup of coffee. Actually, wait, you can leave that out if you'd like because these cupcakes right here ARE your cup of coffee.
Meet the Coffee Casanova Cupcakes - your java fix for the day!

These babies are literally a mug full of coffee. Not the plain old boring kind of coffee - mind you! These are a brilliant mocha flavor right in your mouth. Think chocolate and coffee and moist and delicious and oh-so-yumm!

So lets talk about this brilliance! The cupcake itself is a Mocha sponge. It's the perfect chocolatey sponge with that coffee kick to drive you crazy in love. Piped on top is a luscious swirl of Coffee buttercream. It's sweet, it's creamy, it is BURSTING with delicious coffee flavor - you'll literally bite into a cup full of coffee! Next comes the sprinkle of cocoa on top. I love how the cocoa adds that classic lighter brown shade on the darker brown cupcake sponge and vice versa on that brilliant buttercream. Finally the perfecting touch: mini chocolate chips. Chocolate and coffee from top to bottom - LITERALLY!

I'm going to insert a side note here (an irrelevant yet not-so-irrelevant kind of note) that I am extra proud of snapping their pictures with my sister's coffee cup candle. *laughs*

I usually prefer piping classic swirls on my cupcakes but for these Coffee Casanova Cupcakes I piped the buttercream using a rounded decorating tip. What that did was create a sort of effect similar to the frothy goodness on top of coffees. See what I did there? It looked like coffee poured in a cup and then perfected with creamy deliciousness. Think the fancy stuff they do on top of Starbucks drinks.

I'm not a coffee person at all. When I was a teenager I didn't like the bitter taste of coffee so I stayed away from it. Then I tried Starbucks' drinks recently when Abbie offered to share and I thought it wasn't bad at all. Sadly, I'm still not a coffee person though because it doesn't suit my stomach. So even though I'd found my love - the White Chocolate Mocha - at Starbucks I still couldn't enjoy coffee. Well ... Not until I baked these cupcakes! These cupcakes are loaded with coffee flavor yet they don't upset my stomach. How? I don't know and I don't care. Just keep the cupcakes coming!

They look so classic. Right out of a warm and cozy fancy cafe on a crispy-air-kinda Autumn afternoon! Now I might have a bias towards them because I baked these but I do feel they have the same warming effect on you like sunshine on a Fall afternoon. Cozy and heart warming!

Love. Love. Love.


All the mouth-watering pictures in this post are original Sara's Baked Creations' content. Please have some shame and refrain from copying, recreating, and cheating without giving proper credit and mention!
Sara’s Baked Creations is on Mission Sweetness! Sara and Abbie are hobby bakers who bake for friends and family only. We are not a commercial bakery business; it gives us joy to spread smiles while enjoying sisterhood and living our passion for baking.


Connect with me and the awesomeness of Sara's Baked Creations everywhere!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our Instagram!
Visit the website!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge that I'm participating in this year!

6 comments:

  1. It looks yummylicious! Man! Now I'm craving for them!

    Cheers
    BoisterousBee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geetika!
      And ummm ... sorry/you're welcome for the cravings this might have caused! Hahahaha! :D

      Delete
  2. Unlike you, Sara, I am quite the coffee lover--only in the morning, though. If I drink any in the afternoon or evening, I'm up all night. 😜 These cupcakes, though! I would eat them anytime, 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never understand why coffee disturbs people's sleep at night! I could actually have caffeine (in fact I sip tea before bed) and I still sleep! Hahaha! :D
      Thanks for the comment Suzanne <3

      Delete
  3. Those look and sound awesome! Love the combination of chocolate and coffee. As a former Starbucks employee I know exactly the perfect coffee for a cupcake like this. Where can I find the recipe?

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2017/04/a-z-blogging-challenge-jeans-jump-just.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh yes, with your Starbucks experience you'll totally know how awesome these would be! :D
      I'm only posting behind the scenes, makings, and experiences this April though :D
      Stay in touch for more!

      Delete