Monday, February 24, 2014

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag ~ Movie Review


If you're looking for a movie with passion, substance, and excitement Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is IT.

Based on the life of Indian sportsman, Milkha Singh, this is possibly Farhan Akhtar's best performance ever! I have never been a fan of Farhan Akhtar and sports movies are not my kind either; I'd rather watch a comedy or a cheesy, emotional flick instead. However, the numerous awards Milkha has won forced me to try it out; I heard people going crazy over Farhan Akhtar and just a few minutes into the movie I was hooked!

Farhan Akhtar has outdone himself, his acting is amazingly realistic and the effort he has put into the character does justice to the real Milkha Singh's achievements. Honestly, there couldn't have been a better choice for this movie than him!


The movie makes you laugh, it makes you cry, you cheer as Milkha runs as if you're part of the audience present in the stands, you clap and hoot at his glorious wins! The love story depicted in the movie is just perfect too, it occupies just the right amount of screen time for a sports-related movie. The entire movie has been shot powerfully, excellent work in all aspects!

The adorable water bucket scenes make the cheesy side of me go all 'awwwwwwww', the story about India-Pakistan's partition have me sobbing on my sofa, and when Milkha runs a race I actually hold my breath!

Overall, I LOVED this movie! I made mama watch it as well, and also Abbie, my sister!
Saraallie's rating: 5 stars!!

-S. Ali





No comments:

Post a Comment