Saturday, June 29, 2024

In My Bridgerton Era

Dearest gentle reader,

This author is clearly in her Bridgerton era and it's royally awesome!

Okay, back to my own voice. I'm seriously in my Bridgerton era these days. After spending all this time telling myself I will not watch the show because it was infamous for its HAWW scenes, I finally gave in. I figured when I can watch all the other shows and just skip the stuff that gets too much to handle, then why not this? I kept hearing everyone go on and on about how it was like Gossip Girl - aka my favorite show in the history of EVER. Finally when season 3 happened and Bath and Body Works decided to do a collab and launch a Bridgerton line - which looked beautiful - I started watching season 1. I was instantly hooked. I don't think I have ever, in my entire life, watched an entire show so quickly. I burrrrrned through season one, if you know what I mean, then on to season two which was my favorite one I think, and I didn't stop till I reached season three and finally caught up with the world. It is AMAZING.

It is everything I love in a show. There's the totally similar Gossip Girl element, there are the absolutely beautiful love stories, there's friendship and family (both of which are imperfect concepts in my own life, hence the need to watch them in shows), there's drama which pleases this drama queen very much so, there's fashion, there's gorgeous decor, and there is soooooooo much cheesy. You pair cheesy and fashion and I'm in instantly. Then you add gossip and I'm never leaving. Hahaha! Through out my time catching up I could only think of one thing: why didn't I watch this earlier? ... what an absolute idiot. Everything nude was perfectly forward-able and absolutely no reason to be discouraged from watching such a great show.

Let me tell you, watching a show that Abbie has already watched is a really bad decision because the woman can't keep from giving spoilers if her life depended on it. Seriously, a major reason why I was watching it so quickly was because I wanted to avoid spoilers from her and even though I tried so hard to avoid spoilers online, alllll of my leaked spoilers came from Abbie anyway. When next season comes I'm going to start on time so I am at least caught up, if not watching ahead of her.

Now, of course, with my new love for the show I just had to indulge in the Bridgerton collection from Bath and Body Works. Sadly, I missed out on the tea pot sanitizer holder, but I'm glad I got myself the carriage sanitizer holder at least. I also got the Wisteria Garden scented foaming soap and candle which is my favorite scent from the collection. Oh and of course I got the Diamond of the Season scented body wash and body lotion too. Wisteria Garden smells like a perfect blend of florals while Diamond of the Season has a peachy fruity scent to it. I really really wish they'd made body care items in Wisteria Garden too, the scent is just perfect to be a body wash. BBW please take notes if you're listening.

When I decorated my Awesome Board I found it turning into a Bridgerton/Gossip Girl combination too. I started with a girly theme in mind to get through Spring and Summer (which I ignore) and somehow I noticed it was turning very Bridgerton-y so I ended up printing some graphics and actually making it a theme. I love it! Check it out ...

I cannot wait for the next season and I really hope they won't ruin it. I heard the makers changed or something like that? Well, I hope they can maintain the essence of the show and keep the same vibe going because I love that and it'll be disappointing if it goes down.

SPOILERS AHEAD because I want to talk a bit about what I liked in the show!

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

Okay, now you're here on purpose because SPOILERS AHEAD.

In season one I loved Daphne so much. Of course I fell in love with the Bridgertons, the sibling behavior and the way they gathered as a beautiful family unit in their drawing room, I'd kill to have a happy family like that. Oh and the Queen and Lady Danbury are such impressive ladies. Unlike the entire world, I did not fall in love with the Duke though. Yes, he has that impressive Duke elegance going but somehow I didn't love him. Daphne, though, absolute favorite. She's the kind of perfect nobody is, isn't she?

Then in season two I fell in LOVE with Anthony Bridgerton. I am so glad they gave him a hair cut and a clean shave because he looked awesome. Poor guy had the worst time ever handling his emotions! Hahaha! It was like watching a Bollywood movie. He's such a brilliant actor. I actually cried with him and for him. I did not like the Sharma sisters at all and I wasn't happy when he finally married Kate. And look at her, she took him away to India! I mean, what is Bridgerton without THE Anthony Bridgerton? I hate Kate for taking him away, first on extended honeymoon and then to India. I didn't see much of him in season three at all. But fineeeee, I'll accept it for his sake. They have my blessing hahaha

Season three and the whole Colin Penelope thing ... not my favorite, if I'm being honest. Somehow I don't see much emotion between them. It feels more like this stressful thing. The entire season was very stressful actually. The tension, the stress, there was this grim feeling about it. It was awesome and I loved it but I think season two is definitely my favorite.

Now I shall totally brag about the fact that I guessed who Lady Whistledown was in the very first episode. I had two guesses, one was Anthony because I was thinking maybe like Gossip Girl was Dan Humphrey, Lady Whistledown would actually be a man too. And my second guess was Penelope because she was totally the Dan Humphrey of Mayfair. By the time I watched the second episode I was one hundred percent sure it was Penelope. It just made sense. I may not be too big of a Penelope fan but I love Lady Whistledown and I really do hope she doesn't stop writing. I am extremely disappointed, though, that she's going to write in 'Penelope voice' from now on after season three ended. I'm going to miss Whistledown's voice so much.

As for the other characters, I love Violet - she looks so much like my chiropractor it's fascinating to see her animate! Haha! I am not a fan of Benedict at all. I like emotional love stories, not the shenanigans he is up to. Honestly, I'm dreading watching the season when he'll take the main lead. I liked Francesca but again, not my favorite love story at all. There's no emotion there either. I liked Eloise in the very beginning but slowly she started annoying me. Like, I like the different approach she towards life and how she is bold and wants to do so much more than just get married but that doesn't mean you have to be rude and unappreciative of what you have. I find her being rude to her VERY good family, being rude to her friend Penelope too, and that just upsets me. I think I came to the conclusion of her not being my favorite when she didn't show any auntie love to Daphne's baby. You DO NOT reject and deject a baby, especially not your sister's, no matter what kind of change you want to bring in the world. In that moment, Eloise and I were no longer friends. Oh and I do not care about Mondrich's story at all, like please just give me endless Bridgerton content because I love that family so much!

In any case, I just cannot wait for season 4 to be released! I think eventually I will end up reading the books too but for now I want the story to remain a mystery to me. Also, I'm putting off reading the books because I do not want the 'book was better' feeling to ruin my excitement and love for the show. Now, how about we get some more Bridgerton merch? Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment