Friday, October 13, 2017

Cheesy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta

Boo! It's Friday the 13th today but your day is just about to get lucky! Because I'm bringing this super creamy, cheesy, heavenly, delicious Pumpkin Pasta recipe to the table today! No, I don't believe in all the myths and legends about the thirteenth falling on a Friday but hey what's the harm in having fun, right? Besides, thanks to all these horror legends and scary spooky movies the whole concept has become so cool (and funny!). Enough of that though because I want you to focus all five senses on what I have here now. This is THE Fall recipe you need to cook and devour. These are Fall flavors at their best. This is like pumpkin meets pasta in the most blissful possible way!

I'll be honest, when I came across the idea of pumpkin in pasta I was skeptical. BUT! If you're not a fan of pumpkin you still need to give this a chance because it doesn't even taste like regular pumpkin spice. I'm talking creamy, cheesy, smooth, soft, and velvety in your mouth. This is a really tasty pasta recipe - take my word for it! It's the kind of pasta you eat and then keep on eating even though your stomach is full. Eat, eat, eat, eat, eat. Then repeat.


Not only is this delicious it's also super easy to make. Especially because it's a one pot pasta recipe it makes cooking feel like a breeze. I've used vegetable stock to cook the pasta in which lends extreme flavors and that cream cheese in the end ... mind = blown! BOOOOOOM!

Ingredients:
  • Oil
  • Onion - 1 small chopped
  • Crushed Garlic - 3 cloves (I used the canned version! Chop very finely if using otherwise.)
  • Red Pepper Flakes - 1/4 tsp.
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp. (adjust to taste in the end)
  • Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp.
  • Nutmeg Powder - 1/8 tsp.
  • Vegetable Stock - 4 cups
  • Pumpkin Puree - 1 cup (I used a canned version)
  • Pasta - 2 cups (I used elbows but you can use whichever you like!)
  • Unsalted Butter - 2 tbsp.
  • Cream Cheese - 4 Ounces cut into cubes
  • Parsley (optional)
You can find the original recipe I found here. I adjusted some stuff here and there according to my preference!

Method:

Heat oil in a deep pan and add chopped onions and garlic. Cook for a minute or two.


Add all the spices and continue cooking.


Cook till the onions become soft and translucent.


Add the vegetable stock.


Stir to make sure everything is mixed well.


Add the pumpkin puree and stir until smooth.


Add the pasta, stir well, and let it come to a boil.


Once it boils reduce heat to medium and let it simmer covered.


Check the pasta after about seven to eight minutes. It took about eight minutes for my pasta to be cooked completely however cooking times can differ so keep a check!


Add the butter and the cream cheese cubes and stir continuously until no lumps remain.


Adjust for salt and add a little water at this point if you think you need to make it saucier! This is where you adjust the pasta for liquid and salt.


Add black pepper and parsley and you're DONE!


Creamy. Cheesy. Pumpkiny. These are Fall flavors at their best!
Oh and my adorable owl bowl gets extra points too!


Like I said ... MIND = BLOWN!

6 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I'm putting it on the menu this week as a see dish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! I hope you loved it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing. I'll definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I shouldn't have looked at this while eating my dinner. Pinned for later :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Try it soon and see for yourself how delicious it is :D

      Delete