Sunday, May 22, 2016

Simple Flavorful Seasoned Rice

Sometimes when you're super tired or extremely busy a quick fix dish seems brilliant. This simple flavorful seasoned rice recipe is just the life saver you need in such times. Most of the flavor in my recipe comes from a generous helping of Sriracha sauce. I absolutely love this delicious sauce and always have it in my pantry (seriously, you should too!). These rice are quick to season and take only a few minutes once the rice have been boiled. At times I've even used this recipe to spruce up leftover boiled rice just to have something different and more flavorful when I need it. They're quick to cook but don't compromise on the flavor and the best part is you can adjust them to your taste.

Ingredients
  • Boiled Rice - 3 cups (salted)
  • Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter - 3 tbsp.
  • Cumin Seeds - 1 tbsp.
  • Onion Powder - a pinch (optional)
  • Black Pepper Powder - to taste
  • Grilled Steak Seasoning - to taste (optional)
  • Sriracha Sauce - to taste (I use this generously in my rice!)

Method
In a large pan boil the rice with salt and a drizzle of oil. Once boiled, drain in a rice strainer and set aside.

In the same pan melt the butter over low heat.

Once the butter has melted, add cumin seeds, onion powder (optional), black pepper powder, grilled steak seasoning (optional), and sriracha sauce. Stir and saute for a minute.

Gradually add the rice and keep mixing between each addition.

Once all the rice is added, taste and adjust the sriracha sauce and the black pepper powder according to your taste. Personally, I like to use the sriracha sauce GENEROUSLY.

Delicious Seasoned Rice are ready to be devoured! Quick and simple, isn't it?

The simplicity of this recipe is always lovely. They turn out extremely delicious every time I cook them and they're never boring! Serve them alongside any curry you like ... or eat them with veggies ... or fried chicken ... or or or ... you get the point, yes? These are a great pair with just about anything and the best part is how quick and easy they are - perfect for those rushed up days and tired nights!

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. What type of rice do you use? It doesn't look like the typical long-grain white rice to me. Also, I've never heard of sriracha sauce; where can I find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne!
      I use Basmati Rice with a lower GI Index that's suitable for diabetics (my mum is one!). They just take a longer time to boil otherwise the cooking is the same. You can use your typical long-grain white rice for this recipe, just boil your regular way too.
      Sriracha sauce is a type of hot sauce which I believe has its origins in Thailand, if I'm not wrong. You can easily find it in any store alongside regular hot sauces. If not, try the ethnic aisles. Though I've found mine besides Soy sauce and Tobasco so it shouldn't be too hard to find :) You'll love it!

      Delete