Monday, April 8, 2019

Gryffindor Pride ~ I Belong In Gryffindor

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart."
~~~
The Sorting Hat

I know people have made Gryffindor into being the cliche house, the house of Harry Potter and all that. But that's not how I ended up in Gryffindor. I did't just pick Gryffindor because 'oh look, Potter belongs to it'. I was sorted into Gryffindor time and time again no matter which website I took a sorting quiz on. I even ended up being sorted into Gryffindor at The Harry Potter Exhibition in New York - the lady put an actual Sorting Hat on my head and it shouted, "Gryffindorrrrrrr!" Yep, I was the lucky one - the Chosen One!! Gryffindor was the house that had the most number of characters with whom I could relate in the books. It's just there in my heart ... I am a proud Gryffindor!!!

Just a couple weeks ago the Potterverse celebrated House Pride Week and the day when we showed off Gryffindor pride got Abbie asking me a very important question, "Are we Gryffindor for sure?" I told her 'yes' with full confidence because I've thought about it before and I'm certain Gryffindor is where I belong. Lets see. What are the values you'd find in a true Gryffindor? Courage, bravery, determination, loyalty. Now don't I have it all? Of course, I do!

Let me talk about loyalty first. I am a fiercely loyal human being, be it with friends or family. If I consider myself linked to someone in any form of relationship I'll be madly loyal to them. I'm the kind of friend who is with you in good and bad. I'm the kind of person who can deal with anything craptards say about me but when someone hits on my family it's just the end. Sadly, I have never had loyalty reciprocated to me throughout my life. But that still hasn't changed my loyal nature.

What's next? Determination! Oh I am a very determined person. I've lived my entire life determined to be the best possible version of myself. My determination got me through my academic career with perfect scores, honors, accolades, and a great reputation. My determination to be good helps me pick right from wrong. Most importantly, my determination to be my best self has let me be a good human being. I'm quite proud of it!

Loyalty - check! Determination - check!
Now lets talk about courage and bravery. True, if I see even the tiniest of spiders in the room I will throw a gargantuan fit, scream, hyperventilate, and panic like Aragog had stepped inside my house. I'll be seen crying for help until someone comes and kills it and saves me from the most brutal kind of death. But physical bravery isn't the only kind of bravery in the world, right? It is normal for me to be scared of bugs - those folks aren't meant to coexist with me. But real courage and bravery is that of the heart, mind, and soul. I believe I am very brave at heart and have an extremely courageous soul. My heart and soul fight their own wars valiantly and that is what makes me a true Gryffindor. I'm one of those chosen people at whom the universe tries its best to throw a variety of problems at. Life has thrown so many challenges at me and it continues to battle against my strength and yet I have emerged victorious thus far. I've put up a good fight against the millions of worries I have come across in life and have dealt with EVERYTHING, every single thing, like a true warrior!

That last one actually is what assures me of belonging to Gryffindor the most. I could swear I could pull out Gryffindor's sword from the Sorting Hat just for that last trait right there! Hahaha! Bottom line is, yessssss I am a Gryffindor! Not just because it is the house of the Golden Trio. Not just because it boasts the traits people would be most proud to be associated with. Not just because it seems to be 'the right house' to seem important. No. I am a Gryffindor because I truly truly belong there and because The Sorting Hat did and would sort me into Gryffindor for sure!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

2 comments:

  1. Not to worry, Sara. Ron was afraid of spiders, too, remember?

    ReplyDelete