Thursday, April 4, 2019

The Deathly Hallows ~ Which One Would I Choose?

"The Elder Wand, the most powerful wand ever made. The Resurrection Stone. The Cloak of Invisibility. Together, they make the Deathly Hallows. Together, they make one master of death." - Xenophilius Lovegood

I just finished my re-read of the Harry Potter series and honestly I'm in awe. No matter how many times I read the books it just baffles me how intricately J.K. Rowling has constructed the plot. It's amazing how she has put together the story, beautifully detailing complicated details and tying them together in the end. The Horcruxes were themselves such a complex plot but then Rowling threw in the Deathly Hallows and it just blows my mind whenever I read about them. It is wonderful how the Hallows change hands and how they influence their owners as they pass from one to the other. It is so interesting how Voldemort basically never understands their true workings and thus fails to be master of death like he wishes to. It's just brilliant how it all plays out in the last and final book. Let me tell you, this was my umpteenth time reading the books and yet I was sitting on the edge throughout the ending and crying buckets full every now and then. Actually, I may have cried even more this time than the last. They're just brilliant!

I was wondering as I read about the Deathly Hallows about how I would have dealt with them had they been real. And when Dumbledore explained everything to Harry in the end, I found myself thinking, "Hmmm, which Hallow would I have chosen?" And that, my darlings, is the question today. Which one of the Deathly Hallows would I have wanted? Would I take the Elder Wand and the power that came with it? Would I take the Resurrection Stone? Or would I take the Cloak of Invisibility?


The Elder Wand, the most powerful wand ever made, would honestly be of no use to me. I'd be very happy with the wand that chose me, thank you very much. I am that kind of a person, I buy things that mean something to me or appeal to me or somehow make me feel like they were made for me. I've never gone after the best in anything just because it has been assessed as the best by the world. No. I like things that fit in my life, things that I fit with. So I know for sure that I'd have been perfectly content with the wand that chose me in my first year in the Wizarding World. I would infact be extremely attached to my own wand so much that I wouldn't find the same comfort in another, even if it was deemed the best in the world. The Elder Wand just sounds like a 'branded version' of wands to me! I have nothing against brands and actually own a lot of them *laughs* but I'm not the person who would buy a Gucci bag worth millions of dollars when there is a non branded prettier bag available. I wouldn't do a Gucci just because of its brand logo. I'd do the non branded bag because it fits my likes so much more.

The Resurrection Stone wouldn't be of much use to me either. I haven't anybody I'd want to bring back from the dead. The dead are in a much better place, if you ask me. If I loved someone I wouldn't want them to come back and live in some kind of half dead state. It would be creepy. So the Resurrection Stone is definitely the Hallow I'd want the least. Plus there isn't anybody dead whom I'd want back anyway so this is pretty much out of question.

Now, the Invisibility Cloak. THAT is the Hallow I want - THAT is the Hallow I need. Seriously, I could do anything in my power right now to just disappear. Go invisible. Poof. Vanish. I'm not looking to make mischief, I'm just asking for some time hidden away from this world and its insane inhabitants. The world is, quite frankly, horrible to me. I try to keep my cool and stay positive by faking that rainbow wall in my life. But lets face it, this world disturbs me and my mental peace and I would just, please, like to be invisible. I need the Invisibility Cloak to just vanish for a couple hours each day at least and just be away from everything ... taunts, hate, dislike, fuss, orders, negative ideas, crap ... everything! Imagine how awesome it would be to have the Invisibility Cloak. I could be sitting peacefully in my room and be doing my thing without being interrupted. I could hide from humans. I could be in my own company. I could have some peace and quiet. Maybe I won't go mad then.



A post shared by Saraallie (@saraallie) on
Hey, look at that, that's exactly what Harry thought too. He chose to keep the Cloak, never went back for the Stone, and returned the Wand to Dumbledore's grave. Smart boy, I tell you. That is actually the best way to go, if you ask me. You could be powerful based on your own talents, abilities, and wisdom without the wand. You should know when you need to let go of people instead of bringing them back with the Stone. But to be invisible? Oh, the joy I feel just thinking about it.

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your method of choosing. An invisibility cloak is the best choice. I don't need one, though, because I tend to find solitary spots in many places and no one bothers me while I read or write. Maybe I have an invisible invisibility cloak.
    http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE SO SO SO LUCKY! I have to actually beg the universe to allow me some moments of peace! Hahaha! I must say I'm feeling a tad bit jealous of your 'invisible invisibility cloak'! :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, fellow A-to-Zer! And I totally see what you mean. It has been a long time since I've read the books, but I do love 'em, and your post clearly outlines the choices and why you'd pick the invisibility cloak. I think I would, too... though, of course, resurrection is tempting... but probably not actually a good idea. Thanks! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand why the stone appeals to people, but it never did to me somehow.
      I hope you'll re read the books sometime :) It's always so lovely to return to them, isn't it?
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete