Friday, January 14, 2022

My Goals and Resolutions for 2022


See, I'm already doing better this year than last year; it hasn't even been halfway through January 2022 and I'm already here with my resolutions for the year! Hahaha! Last year I remember I struggled to put these together before the first month of the year came to an end. That already seems promising, no? Lets see what I've got here!

Love myself truly, madly, deeply!
It's my constant for every new year to have self love as a resolution. I'm promising to love myself in 2022 as well! This includes caring for myself; heart, body, mind, and soul. I resolve to love myself enough to not need to rely on anybody else to do so. I'll be there for myself whether anybody else is or not. I'll love myself truly, madly, deeply.

Sort, sort, and sort some more!
My life has become such a mess lately and I know I can't sort everything out so I'll start with what I can. Storage space on my phone has finished. I have to sort pictures, videos, memories, folders on my old laptop, my socks drawer, my closet, our garage, our basement ... SO MUCH! By the end of the year I am going to try and have most of my storage problems fixed before I get lost in it all!

Live in and for the moment!
Truly, life is short. I don't want to waste it thinking of things and worrying about them when I have no control over them. I want to live in and for the moment. I want to do what my heart wants to do. I want to post that picture whenever I want to. I want to wear that new shirt instead of saving it. I want to stop waiting for a 'better time' to do, say, feel, want, plan something. I just want to live in the NOW and make it the right time, the right moment, the right place. I want to take it one day at a time.

Find and break a bad habit!
I have an old one resurfacing that I want to retackle this year as well as a new one I have already figured out that I want to work on.

Become spiritually stronger!
I want to work on this one without really talking much about it. When 2022 ends I have a couple of plans I wish to be successful in executing!

Don't advise unless asked!
Oh believe me this one will be my top priority. I have resolved the same in the past year as well and have been working on it already. I've also been successful with this one and it has helped me so much in my life too. This year I want to achieve that last little bit where I falter and do end up giving advice without being asked for it. This year I want to be a 100% at not saying a word of advice to anybody who hasn't asked for it. I will also include not showing concern to people who don't need it to this resolution. I've often found myself showing the concern and care I have for people who absolutely don't deserve it only to have it backfire. I need to stop doing that.

Shut my heart to haters!
This is another one of the resolutions that I have also had in the past. Unfortunately I have a huge share of haters in my life and I'm only human so it takes time to achieve this one. However, I've been very successful at shutting my heart to haters and this year I want to continue working on it and hopefully achieve a point where I don't even have to stop for a second to think about those bringing me down.

Lose weight, seriously!
Okay now that I don't have a treadmill because I refuse to go in the basement alone ever since we found that mouse there, and I'm also getting therapy for Achilles tendinitis which basically means I have to take care of my foot when working out ... I seriously need to devise a plan and lose weight! It will be difficult with an injured foot and no treadmill but I really need to do something about it before the weight gets out of hand and I go back to my teenage overweight self.

Try and learn something new!
A new craft, a new skill, a new recipe ... I have SO much on my mind that I want to try and learn and I hope that by the end of this year I feel like I tried a lot and learned a lot of new stuff. One thing in particular that I would like to mention here is altering pajamas! *laughs* I want to learn how to alter pajamas so I can make sure I can start wearing all of my new pjs which are my waist and bum size but too long for me. I must learn and perfect this skill for sure by the end of this year!

Okay! I'm all set!
Good luck to me!
Happy 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment