Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Argus Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods

We had had a VERY out-of-this-world experience during The Forbidden Journey. It was a ride completely beyond any other ride experience. When Abbie and I got off our seats, and were directed towards the exit, we were still shaken up (literally!) from our experience. By the time we came to our senses we were standing in a dark dimly lit shop which was full of fans gawking around at some pretty cool Harry Potter merchandise. 

This entry belongs to the Bestie Times label

We collected our bags and belongings from the lockers first, before exploring the shop. It was Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods and had so much variety of merchandise, I think I went crazy!

Over the past three vacations to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando I have purchased some very special things from this shop. I’ve bought my awesome Fawkes stuffed toy from this place which remains so close to my heart. Fawkes sits in my bookshelf and was recently joined by Buckbeak, the Hippogriff (no, I did not buy that from here!). On our most recent trip I bought a Marauders’ Map mug for Abbie. The first time we were there I had set my eyes on that mug but hadn’t purchased it because Abbie had selected another Gryffindor mug for me already. The second time we were there I was eyeing the mug again but ended up not buying it. Third time round I just had to buy it for Abbie!

The gorgeous Marauders' Map mug, front and back

This entry belongs to the Potterhead label

Another one of those things that I fell in love with was a Sorting hat model. A stool with the Sorting hat sitting over it which would be so perfect in my bookshelf!  But so far I buy something else and end up skipping that! Let’s see when I get my hands on it …

One of the gorgeous Potter-loving features of Filch’s Emporium is a giant version of the Wizard’s Chess. Sadly, it is not for sale! It sits in a cage so crazy fans don’t eat it .. I mean don’t disturb the pieces. You see the chess set as soon as you exit from The Forbidden Journey ride. It is pure gorgeousness! I wish they’d start selling Wizards’ Chess somewhere!

Other than those favorites of mine, the Emporium is full of other goodness. To name a few, it has broomsticks, action figures, lots of stuffed toys of all the animals from the Harry Potter series (Fawkes, dragons, Hedwig which I have my eyes set on, Fluffy, Scabbers, etc.), clothes, cushions, mugs, hats, the snitch, and etc.

Some of the awesome Harry Potter merchandise in the store

Some of my favorite displays, other than the wizards’ chess, include Lucius Malfoy’s Death Eater mask and the Skele-Gro bottles. I really really wish they’d sell those so I can totally buy them and display in my bookshelf!

Fluffy Plush Toy

I’m going to patiently wait (fingers crossed) as best as I possibly can for our next visit to see what Abbie and I get our hands on this time!!!

14 comments:

  1. I love this place! So excited it's now going to be at the one in Los Angeles as well - 15 minutes from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is so cool! You'll be near the magic all the time (I am so jealous!).
      Can you see the construction taking place? I haven't checked if they announced an opening date for it.

      Delete
  2. That looks super fun! Wish I could go there, but I'm so glad they are doing something similar at the Los Angeles location. Yay!
    I'd love that Marauder's map mug, but only if it said when filled with hot liquid:
    "Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
    Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
    Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
    Mr Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball."

    ok...perhaps that's too much for a cup. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That is actually a fabulous idea Elizabeth! If they read your suggestion I am sure they'll make millions of dollars because that mug would sell so much! :D *thumbs up*
      Abbie and I display the Potter merchandise we buy in our bookshelves (which are obviously all Potter themed, haha!) so for us the heat-activated message wouldn't show up at all! :D

      Delete
    2. Maybe glow in the dark or black light instead of heat? :) I had actually thought of doing that as a poster/canvas art.

      Delete
    3. Okay. That's it. They should totally hire you as a prototype adviser or someone! You have fabulous ideas to share regarding potential Harry Potter merchandise :D Awesome!
      Why didn't you follow your thought about the poster/canvas art?

      Delete
  3. Love it! Big Harry Potter fan here. Now this is a place I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Luana,
      It is always great finding new Potter fans to share the Potterhead talks with! :D
      If you get a chance, do visit the place ... you'll never have a more magical experience anywhere else in the world, I promise! :D

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! I am really glad you shared this with us. I would love to go there some day myself! I will be anxious to see what's next!
    http://enchantedfantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thea,
      Abbie (my sister) and I are in love with this place! We've been there thrice in the past three years and I totally recommend you visit if you get a chance to! Next up is a lot of awesomeness so stay tuned for more :)

      Delete
  5. This was one of my favorite little shops in the park!

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Isn't it so nice! It has such a wide variety of merchandise, I just lose control when I step inside! :)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hahaha! I know! It is so cute in a very beast-like way :D I wanted to buy it too but the first time I settled for Fawkes and the second time I bought Buckbeak :D
      I'll do an entry soon to show off my Potter bookshelf!

      Delete