Thursday, September 28, 2017

Chicken In Creamy Mushroom Sauce

Creamy, rich, flavorful, and bursting with flavors, this recipe is one which has stolen the hearts of everyone at home. I wanted to cook something that would give me that rich and luxurious feel of a gourmet restaurant in the comfort of my home and that is when this happened. This Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a heart warming addition to my recipe collection. One that I intend to save and pass onto generations because it's simply so good.

It's not difficult to put together and when in a rush (or lazy mood) you can go for frozen chopped carrots and speed everything up - something I intend to do the next time I cook this. Speaking of next time it needs to be soon because just typing up the recipe with these mouthwatering pictures has me drooling severely. MUST GET IT IN MY MOUTH! It is just so delicious!

Each bite of this is a delectable combination of a thick and smooth creamy sauce, juicy chicken, and a mouthful of carrots and mushrooms. This is richness at its finest. To be honest I couldn't even wait for this to reach the dining table once I was done cooking. I literally just dived into the dish with a large spoon. So basically what I'm saying is that this can be eaten by the spoon. However, if you like you can also pair it with boiled rice, bread, or anything for that matter. It'll taste great no matter what! So get to your kitchens immediately!!!

Ingredients:
  • Chicken Stock - 2 cups
  • Boneless Chicken - About 1/2 kg or around 5 breast pieces cut into cubes
  • Salt - According to taste
  • Crushed Black Pepper - According to taste
  • Garlic powder - 1/2 tbsp.
  • Red Pepper Powder - According to taste
  • Parsley - Generous!
  • Carrots - Julienne cut into thin strips (I used about 10 baby carrots but I'll totally go for frozen when in a rush)
  • Mushrooms - 1 lb. sliced (I used a can of stems and pieces)
  • Onion - 1/2 large onion diced
  • All Purpose Flour - 3 tbsp.
  • Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
Method:
Make the stock first.

Add oil to a pan. Add the chicken and then the spices; salt, black pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, parsley.

On high heat add the sliced carrots.

Add the chopped onions, stir, and let it continue cooking.

Add in the mushrooms, stir, and continue cooking.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce on the side as follows.

Add flour to a separate frying pan and on medium heat slightly brown the flour. Keep stirring to ensure it browns evenly. This should take about two to three minutes.

Once the flour has browned pour in the chicken stock while stirring continuously to avoid any lumps from forming. Stir vigorously while keeping it on medium heat until it is completely mixed and no lumps remain. (The little white bits in the picture are chicken bits from the stock and not flour lumps! Make sure the sauce is free of dry flour lumps so you get a smooth and even dish in the end!).

On medium heat pour the sauce into the chicken and mix thoroughly.

Let it bubble for about two minutes. Your carrots and chicken should be fully cooked at this point.

Add in the sour cream!

Give it a nice stir so the cream gets evenly mixed into the saucey chicken!

Cover and let it cook in the cream for about two to three more minutes on medium heat so everything comes together into a deliciously creamy awesomeness.

Taste and adjust salt and black pepper accordingly.

Garnish with a generous sprinkle of parsley and you're done!

I think for something so creamy and delicious my last little bit of instruction should be: DIVE STRAIGHT IN, HEAD FIRST! *laughs*

This recipe is actually so irresistible I can smell and taste it right through this picture. This pairs well with boiled or seasoned rice however if you like just get a spoon and dive in, like I said ... a really large spoon. I could seriously eat the whole thing all by myself and not even bother sharing. It's just so so so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment