Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A Cookie Monster Surprise

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!
Oh, C is for cookie, that's good enough for me!
Cookie, cookie, cookie, starts with C!

Admit it, you sang it in the rough and wacky Cookie Monster voice. Didn't you?


My sister, the Abbie is my most favorite person in the world. Each year, on her birthday, I think of ways in which I can surprise her to the max. A few years ago I decided that I wanted to give her a wacky surprise in addition to the usual grand and glorious birthday themes I arrange for her every year. So while I kept her birthday to be a Superstar/Hobbit themed celebration I also arranged a Cookie Monster surprise for her birthday breakfast! She loves the Cookie Monster so I thought it would be just perfect!


The Cookie Monster cupcakes were adorable, crazy, fun, and perfectly cookie monster-ish! Abbie loved them so much and I loved making them even more than she did eating them. They were such a super fun kind of cupcake decorating project for me!


To make these super crazy looking Cookie Monster cupcakes I colored my buttercream blue and then piped it all over my cupcakes so it resembled Cookie Monster's ... err ... hair! Next, I got these super silly edible eyes from the store and stuck two right on top of the buttercream. Instead of creating a mouth for the cupcakes I just cut a mini cookie in half and stuck it right in Cookie Monster mouth. The cupcakes looked just like him, hungry and obsessed with cookies!

See how perfect they looked? I got Abbie an adorable Cookie Monster plush so she could forever remember the Cookie Monster surprise. When I placed him next to my cupcakes I laughed out loud because they actually looked just like him! So so awesome!

Abbie laughed when she saw the surprise! Something silly always is the best. Oh and extra points if it's the silly Cookie Monster, right? She loved her birthday breakfast so much!

How can you not smile when you see THIS on the breakfast table? *laughs*

I spy, with my googly eyes ... a COOKIE MONSTER SURPRISE!

All the mouth-watering pictures in this post are original Sara's Baked Creations' content. Please have some shame and refrain from copying, recreating, and cheating without giving proper credit and mention!
Sara’s Baked Creations is on Mission Sweetness! Sara and Abbie are hobby bakers who bake for friends and family only. We are not a commercial bakery business; it gives us joy to spread smiles while enjoying sisterhood and living our passion for baking.

Connect with me and the awesomeness of Sara's Baked Creations everywhere!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Visit our Instagram!
Visit the website!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the googly eyed cookie monster surprise! C is absolutely for Cookies. You must have had a good time making these just as they were edibly enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so adorable. Thanks for sharing how easy they are to decorate.
    Yeah for Cookie Monster
    https://moondustwriter.com/2018/04/03/cat-children-atozchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing, Sara. I especially like the mouth: what better way to represent it than with a half-eaten cookie? �� It stands out so well from the rest of Cookie Monster's fur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cupcakes are fantastically creative and they look edibly good as well. With those around I'd likely turn into the Cupcake Monster.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete