Sunday, December 2, 2018

November Journaling Month 2018 - Writing About Anything I Want

The very last prompt of November Journaling Month 2018 is a free choice. I can write about anything I want. Anything at all! So why not I talk about NoJoMo 2018 itself? It is the perfect time for reflections now that it has come to an end.

This was my first time doing NoJoMo and no matter how hectic it became for me I think I enjoyed doing it. I've enjoyed it enough that I'd want to do it again next year. The 'rules' were to post an entry everyday but that's not what I was able to do. I had two major birthdays to plan and cake for during November so I was busy for like two whole weeks. Busy enough that I missed a lot of prompts and then once the birthdays were over I went back and caught up. First I'd thought I'd just leave the prompts I had missed and start from wherever I was in the month. Then I thought why miss the prompts when I could just catch up? And so I caught up!

On the last day of November I had about three more entries left and I was certain I would be able to do it before the clock struck twelve and switched to December. But we had a work emergency that required a lot of time and by night when I found time to write my brains had turned into a goopy mush and I couldn't do much. So November ended and I took the first of December to write up the last entries. And finally today, I'm finishing it off with this reflections post!

So what were some of the good things that came out of NoJoMo 2018?

  • I started writing again. That darn writers block is hopefully gone for good now! I usually don't like being given topics to write on - I'm more of a write-what-you-want kind of a person. Despite of that I was able to do THIRTY prompts easily.
  • Now that I am back in the blogging spirit thanks to NoJoMo I am so so excited for everything that I am planning for my blog in December and after that.
  • It is always fun to do challenges like these and I am glad I now have another challenge to look forward to every year.
  • It added to the OctoNovember list of awesomeness.

And what were some things I hope to change or improve next year?
  • I wasn't able to read anybody else's blog from the NoJoMo challenge. It was more like my personal blogging challenge this year. Next time I'd like to get a head start on NoJoMo or plan somehow such that I get a chance to interact with fellow NoJoMo bloggers. That'd be fun!
  • This year I still did go over a day into December. Next year my cap should be November 30th.
  • I am more of a picture-oriented person and I love making cool graphics and headers for my blog entries. I had really planned on creating good graphics and headers for these NoJoMo posts but I had no time because I was busy creating gorgeously stunning cakes instead. I still plan on creating these graphics and updating all the NoJoMo posts even through December. But next year I hope to be able to do the graphics along with the entries.

Overall, NoJoMo was good for me and I will be looking forward to next November when I can do it again! Next time, hopefully better and smoother than 2018's!

Happy December - Lots to come from my blog soon!

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment