Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Butterbeer and My Favorite Butterbeer Spots


"Why don’t we go and have a Butterbeer in the Three Broomsticks. It’s a bit cold, isn’t it?"

Hermione had suggested the wise idea in the Goblet of Fire when Harry and Ron were upset with each other and not on talking terms. And obviously, coming from Hermione, what a genius idea, right?! Right! Because Butterbeer is quite literally instant liquid bliss in a mug. I could swear it is magical, it just can't be ordinary.

My love for Butterbeer is no secret. I've shared my obsession with it countless times here on my blog. I've drooled over it, I've dreamt of it, I've longed for it, I've made sure I describe it in every possible delicious way to try and do justice to its brilliant out-of-this-world taste. Of course words always fall short when Butterbeer is involved but at least I have conveyed my emotions towards Butterbeer as best as I could. So today, instead of drooling over this magical concoction I am planning to talk about something else. Today, I'm talking my favorite Butterbeer spots where I find I enjoy my drink the most.


The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is our place - mine and Abbie's. We are the happiest when we're there and when we return home all we do is dream about going back. Hogwarts is our home and we literally feel at peace there. Every single nook and corner of that place is special. Whether we're standing under Hogwarts's shade or have the fire breathing dragon on top of our heads, whether we're sitting on the floor in some alleyway's corner or even standing inside the bathrooms!!! It's just special everywhere. But there are certain places where I find Butterbeer tastes extra awesome. Some special spots where I have extracted maximum happiness sharing a mug of Butterbeer with Abbie.

My first most favorite spot is where the Ukrainian Ironbelly is directly above you. That beast is just majestic and to sip Butterbeer right under it is so much fun. I love sipping the frozen frothy deliciousness as I stare at the dragon, taking in the details; the cuts and scratches on its body, the insides of its mouth wide open in a fierce expression, the wings, the posture. No matter how much I look at it it doesn't seem to become old. I find it amazing every single time. And then it breathes fire and I feel it against my skin. The warmth of it against my skin and the frozen Butterbeer pouring down my throat makes for a combination I just love. It's this heavenly combination of hot and cold. It's this beautiful view and a scrumptious soothing drink. It's just brilliant!!! I have sipped Butterbeer from various angles of the dragon. Standing near Florean Fortescues store front I get my front view of the dragon, sitting on Gringotts' entrance's steps I am literally looking up at the dragon's neck above my head, and on the steps rising right next to Gringotts and the bathrooms I get my view from behind the dragon. I think the last one is my most favorite because I'm looking at most of Diagon Alley and it feels like I'm getting the dragon's view of the park.

My second most favorite place is leaning against the snowman's wall in Hogsmeade, facing Hogwarts as I sip Butterbeer. The view is simply breathtaking. I can close my eyes right now and I can see it. The blue skies and the beautiful castle against it in all its stunning glory. I can hear the sounds of Hogsmeade around me with the hustle and bustle of excited visitors all around, pierced occasionally by the zoom of the Hippogriff coaster and its screaming riders. And I can feel the Butterbeer; the cold mug freezing against my fingers, the slushy drink going down my throat, my senses soothing away into bliss .... mmmm mmmm! I assure you, I don't think anything can be more peaceful than that!

I'd say the spot under the dragon is more exciting while the one with the Hogwarts view is more relaxing. In general that is how I feel about the two sides of the parks too. I find a lot of colors and excitement in Diagon Alley while Hogsmeade is more snow-covered white and soothing with that beautiful castle in sight.

All this talk about Butterbeer has made me crave it even more. I literally cannot sit still as I wait for my next trip to the Wizarding World. Fingers crossed it'll be soon because I need to get more Butterbeer in my system STAT!!!!

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried it, but I'd give it a go if I was somewhere that sold it
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever ever get a chance to try it, do not miss it! It is so good!

      Delete
  2. I must admit to never having tasted Butterbeer but am now convinced that it is a must. Of course, finding an establishment that serves the drink may be unlikely so I will first check the grocery store refrigerator.
    http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/ B is for Baltic Amber Tradition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you'd find it at the grocery store. Or if you did, not sure if it would be the same! I hope you get to try some super soon! IT IS SO SO SO AWESOME :D

      Delete