Friday, April 17, 2020

An Owl Post To Mrs. Weasley


Dear Mrs. Weasley,

I hope this letter finds you well. I also hope my owl wasn't much trouble to you. You're used to Errol's messy and clumsy deliveries though, so I have a feeling you did not mind feeding my always-hungry owl. It's crazy how much that bird can eat. She has gained weight over the years but it's surprising how fast she still is with deliveries!

How are you? How is Mr. Weasley? I hope work is treating him well. Did he begin working on any new Muggle projects? I'd love to come over soon and give him a hand. I hope everyone else is doing fabulously good too. Ron told me about Charlie's new assignment in Romania. That new breed of Dragons sounds wild and scary. I know last time something like this came up it took Charlie and his team more than six months to get everything under control. I hope they'll figure out a way to control them soon enough - hopefully way before Fall and the Holiday season begins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because a full house Weasley Holiday dinner is my favorite!

Speaking of the Holiday season, that is the reason why I'm writing to you today. Actually, I was really really really really really really REALLY hoping to ask you for something. I've been in love with it since the time I first set my eyes on it. Over the years I've thought about how to ask for one and if it is even appropriate to ask in the first place. I've concluded it will be perfectly fine if I do ask - which is what I'm going to do now ... and I think I'm mumbling out of nervousness now too. I'll just get to the point then. Do you think, if it is convenient for you and if it won't be any trouble to you, that this year when you get us all presents for the Holiday season, may I please have one of your iconic Weasley jumpers?! There, I said it!

The first person I saw it on was Ron, years ago, and I loved it so much. I knew it was a Weasley family thing until I saw Harry wearing one too! Since then I've been dreaming about wearing one of my own too! Since I'm such chums with the Weasleys I'd LOVE it if I could wear one to the Holiday parties. I know nothing about knitting and even if I did, the charm of the jumper is that it is knitted by you with love (and magic)! It will not be the same if anybody but you makes it. I would be ecstatic if you would please make me one! Gryffindor colors and an S on the front and it would be an absolute dream come true!

I can come by for the measurements whenever you like! Luna will be coming back from her research trip tomorrow. I can bring her along too, she'd been longing to see you all and she'll be glad. I'm not sure if she found her Crumple Horned Snorkack but we can all hear about her adventures when we meet up!

Sending a tonne of love and Lumos,
See you all soon!
~ Sara

PS: Oh and please let Mr. Weasley know I'll be bringing a new book for him - it's the one he was looking forward to reading, about the Internet! He'll be very happy! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment