Thursday, December 22, 2016

Reading Challenge Completes ~ My Year 2016 In Books!


"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin

Buying A Kindle Paperwhite was one of the finest decisions I made last year. I've been living a thousand lives ever since. I've been fighting battles, traveling in time, making new friends, facing new enemies, learning new lessons, dreaming, and achieving a million dreams all year round. That too literally wherever, whenever, and however I want. I've read in the backseat as Abbie drove, on road trips to New York and Canada, high in the sky as I flew in an airplane, ensconced under my colorful blanket, lying on the living room couch, at parties and meet ups where I didn't know or like the people around me, at doctors' offices while being made to wait ... EVERYWHERE AND ANYWHERE! My Kindle has given me my dream - I can read whatever, whenever, and wherever I want to! It is the perfect escape from reality!

Back in February of this year I came across the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge. Right after I'd bought my Kindle and my love for reading had rekindled (pun intended!) it looked super appealing to me. It was perfect and so I challenged myself to read five books in 2016. Today, I am extremely ecstatic to claim success! That's right, I have accomplished my goal of reading five books. Challenge won! Victory is mine MUAAAH HAA HAA HAA! (That was to be read in a MojoJojo-laughing kind of way, by the way!) Goodreads is such a cool website. They just posted a summary of my year in books and I just had to copy paste the entire thing right here on my beautiful blog! This year's challenge is complete and I already can't wait to challenge myself for the next year as well! So here it is, check out my year 2016 in books as posted by Goodreads!

Find and view the direct link to this summary on Goodreads!

Find and join me on Goodreads by clicking HERE!
I'm fairly new to the site too and would love to find reading buddies!
Here's something to motivate you ... EMMA WATSON is on Goodreads and you can follow her!

3 comments:

  1. I have a Goodreads account, but I haven't done much with it; too many other things going on to keep up with something else, you know? But since you're there now, maybe I'll dust the ol' account off and see what's up on it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sureeeeeee! Join me there! I'm pretty new to using it too! :D

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete