Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October Photography Month 2017

It is October, officially the best month of the year!
One of the reasons of course is the much awaited October Photography Month! You know how it works ... One photo a day, every day of the awesome month! OctoPhoMo is being hosted on Prose Box and just like every year I'll be posting my wonderful pictures in one super awesome entry right here. I'm so excited and extremely pumped up to do OctoPhoMo again! So here we go ...

October 01
"A photo of whatever you wish!"
Because the start of October has to be the best day ever! My birth month begins!
Also, I bought this absolutely happy and vibrant rainbow home! So happy!

October 02
Potion OR Cauldron
Oh the spooky stuff in every shop right now! One of the wonderful things about the month is exploring the spooky aisles with Abbie by my side. We love it! These potions bottles at AC Moore were so beautiful!

October 03
Broom OR Scarecrow
I am really really really proud of my Harry Potter broomstick. I actually brought this with me in a tightly packed car on a road trip from Florida! Yesssssss, I bought this from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Orlando Resort and I am so in love with it! It's stunning gold details get me all excited and in Potterhead mode every time I look at it!

October 04
Superstition OR Logic
This gorgeous chess board stole all my attention at this random person's house. Isn't it stunning? It reminds me of the Wizards' Chess from harry Potter. So majestic! I've always found chess more than just a game of logic. It always seems like something grand going on!

October 05
Headstone OR Mausoleum

So for this prompt I actually thought of the same thing as Abbie: a graveyard thingy she's crafted in her room as part of her Fall decor. We had this moment of laughing when we realized we'd had the same thing in mind. Then came this piece of awesomeness in the mail from Michaels and Abbie immediately gave it to me saying, "Here's your OctoPhoMo prompt!" I just fancied it up with some flowers and spooky lights and voila!

October 06
Darkness OR Bones

I found this waiting for me, calling me to come and snap a picture for my OctoPhoMo prompt for today! We were out for work related reasons exploring properties when I saw this hanging on somebody's door. It was perfect! I think it's so cool!

October 07
Troll OR Owl
I almost posted a simple photo of an owl for this prompt but then I remembered this. I took this picture when we last visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This is a sign displayed inside Gringotts Bank in the waiting area for the ride Escape From Gringotts. Just before that absolutely wonderful ride you get a laugh when you see this warning! But beware ... the trolls shall follow soon in that super thrilling ride!

October 08
Fog OR Shadow
BRAIN FOG! I've been dealing with lots of it lately and fighting it one day at a time!

October 09
Fairy OR Fangs
Fangs! Literally *laughs* ... I found lots of Fangs' plush toys at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando! They're so awesome! I didn't buy because I wanted to get Hedwig, Fawkes, and Buckbeak. I'm thinking of which one I should buy when I next visit that magical world!!

October 10
Moonlit OR Vanish
Oh what a beautiful sight it was as I looked over Niagara Falls illuminated in rainbow colors. I took this picture when I just visited Canada back in September. I was really lucky to have found the Falls illuminated with the full moon and the rainbow colors. I even got to see fireworks! Lovely!

October 11
Coffin OR Revolting
This is a shot from The Horror Make Up Show in Universal Studios, Orlando. Believe me it had revolting details in every corner of the room. Please look close enough at your own risk, it might make you nauseous (especially the stuff over the fridge!).

October 12
Mystical OR Lantern
I found these beautiful lanterns when I visited Pakistan earlier this year. They have the traditional Pakistani truck art designs all over and they're so so stunning! Sadly we didn't buy these because it would have been super tough traveling back home with them!

October 13
Disguise OR Face Paint OR Friday The 13th
Ssssssshhhhh ... don't tell anyone! I'm disguised as an awesome shawsome unicorn! *laughs*

October 14
Familiar OR Strange
There's something strangely familiar about this place; the winds feel homely, the streets feel welcoming, and there's a comfort in the atmosphere that gives me great peace. I just can't wait to get to visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Orlando again! I simply can't wait! Take me there!

October 15
Gourd OR Punch

Sarcasm is my favorite kind of punch in people's faces. So satisfying. So wonderful!
PUNCH! BOOM! POW!

October 16
Carve OR Colorful
I'm a cake decorator and sometimes cake carving is involved! I haven't done many carved cakes though. The picture above is from when I baked Abbie's graduation cake. That's a graduation cap I'm carving there! The cake came out FANTASTIC. One of my most beautiful cakes definitely! You can find the cake here!

October 17
Teddy Bear OR Action Figure
My awesome shawsome Harry, Ron, and Hermione action figures which are displayed proudly in my Potterhead's Corner of the room. These were cake toppers for my twenty first birthday thanks to Abbie and have stayed with me ever since.

October 18
Iconic OR Devotion
Here's a STUNNING picture I took of the iconic Hogwarts castle at the Wizarding World in Orlando!

October 19
Water OR Wood
Details on a wooden desk at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

October 20
First OR Last
This is a really really precious moment! This is when my little darling niece Gubby celebrated her very first birthday. I was blessed enough to get to bake her cake that day! It took me days to perfect it and I knew she would forget about it. Regardless it is one of my most favorite cakes to date and I know that Gubby will look at these pictures one day when she grows up and say, "My Beeya baked that for me!" May God keep her blessed!

October 21
Patterns OR Stereotype
Check out that beautiful pattern on the sides of this cake. 'A Dainty Delight' was the birthday cake I just baked for mama on the fourth of October. I am so in love with this fondant mold! I think I'm going to be using this one over and over again! Find more details of this cake on my page!

October 22
Angels OR Art
My 3D hand drawing is one of my most favorite pieces of art! It was super fun to make and makes me smile each time I look at it! You can find a tutorial here!

October 23
Food OR Illumination
As soon as I saw the prompt 'Food' I instantly thought of this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta I made a few days ago! SO DELICIOUS! You can find the recipe right here!

October 24
Career OR Sport
A couple days ago it was my birthday and Abbie surprised me by gifting me this awesome Mad Eye Moody Funko Pop. It got me thinking randomly (I get way too many random thoughts!) about what kind of career would I have had if I'd been a part of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for real. I thought being an auror like Moody was super cool but lets be honest: I'm not the person who can engage in action and catch bad guys! Then I thought and thought and thought and settled for being a Hogwarts professor. I think I'd have been a Hogwarts professor based on my nerdiness and love for the school. Even better, I could have been the owner of my very own magical cake and sweet shop! Imagine my very own bakery in Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO COOL!

October 25
Sweet OR Savory
The last cake I made was for mama's birthday on October 4th. This was my first time making a pumpkin cake and oh dear it was deliciousssssssss! Find more of the details on my page at Sara's Baked Creations! This one was super pretty on the outside and moist, sweet, and extremely yummy on the inside! Yummmmmmm!

October 26
Pawprints OR Footprints
This is a wall - a very funky one too - inside what used to be the Zonko's Joke Shop at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. They no longer have the joke shop but converted it into an expanded Honeydukes (I'm not complaining because the sweets shop is so awesome!). Check out the funky footprints on the wall!

October 27
Peace OR Conflict
I was traveling on a short road trip to Canada last month and this was when we finally reached our hotel after hours in the car. My bum felt peace when I finally got to stretch on that cozy comfy bed!

October 28
Curse OR Blessing
My darling best friend, my sister, my life! Having a sister is the greatest one of God's blessings that I have. As long as I have her my life is blessed! This is a picture of a portion of the birthday card I made for her last year. I love my Abbie more than anyone else in the world!

October 29
Angler OR Hunter
Throwback to the times when I was reading the Shadowhunters' book series. Thanks to the total disaster they made out of the TV show adaptation I decided to take a good break from the fandom once I finished the books. Now I'm feeling like I'm forgetting stuff already! *laughs* One day I'll read these again because unlike the TV show the books were actually brilliant!

October 30
Rain OR Shine
I just returned from a weekend in New York City! The beautiful Autumn sun shined over my awesome self and I narrated my stay Gossip Girl style inside my head! NYC is the Gossip Girl central for me and since I love the show so much it's always a treat visiting Manhattan. Here's what I posted on social media on my way back home:
"Morning Upper East Siders! Word is that S has spent a gorgeous Fall weekend in New York City. The crisp Autumn winds and the changing colors of Central Park have been beautiful and S has made precious memories! It’s been chaotic with the fam and heavy raining on S’s parade. Some might call this a fustercluck but on the Upper East Side we call it Sunday afternoon! S is on her way back home and who knows what’s in store for her next. Until next time, XoXo! - Gossip Girl"

October 31
Celebrate OR Solitude
I'm a Fall baby! I'm an October baby! So this month I've celebrated my awesome self. The Saraallie Day 2017 (just a cool name for my birthday on the 19th!) was a day of celebrating the awesomeness that I am! In the picture above I'm cutting the gorgeous fun Honeydukes cake Abbie made for me!
Don't forget to read my birthday message before you go!


4 comments:

  1. Your photos are always so wonderful! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaaaaaaaaank you! So so happy you left me a comment :D
      Thank you for hosting OctoPhoMo every year! I love doing it!

      Delete
  2. I love your potions and Potion Book. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      Thank you! And no, I didn't make it! I found it at AC Moore and immediately knew I wanted to take a picture for my OctoPhoMo prompt!

      Delete