Wednesday, November 28, 2018

High School ~ The Best and The Worst


November Journaling Month 2018 has sent me down memory lane all the way back to my beloved school. I studied at The City School PAF Chapter for literally my entire life all the way from fourth grade until the end of high school. It was my life, my love, my pride. I loved my school and it loved me back and gave me such respect back in return. PAF was, is, and will always be my love.

I had many good and bad moments but my best and my worst are one hundred percent clear to me. There was a short while during O Levels when I was the fat girl who was bullied and hardly had friends. That was my worst. I'd try to make excuses so that I wouldn't have to go out in the grounds for recess because I didn't want anybody commenting on my food or the fact that I would be sitting alone all by myself. There was that ONE guy - the *?(%$#@* who had the nastiest remarks. He was the vulgar kid who used his mouth to poop out words instead of the normal human route through his bowels. I never cared for him, nor did I cry over being fat. I just didn't socialize with these people so I was mostly alone. When inside the class I had people to talk to - not friend - but just normal humans who I could still converse with. The trouble was outside and the random perverted potty the ass had to say to me. That was a tiny little rough patch in my life at PAF.

But guess what happened? I got my happy ending. The ass got expelled! HAAAAA. Justice was served. Karma came to my aid. I literally danced the day his dad was called to come over and take his kid away because of how abhorrent his existence was. And I got my cherry on top too; I saw his dad dragging him by the ear all the way to the main gate and out. I still don't know which one of his 'crimes' made his dad so angry but whatever it was it was the most satisfying to watch.

Peace was restored in my life once again after he got expelled and publicly humiliated. Then began A Levels which was the best time of my high school life. I lost my extra weight, had a complete makeover, and shined even brighter than ever. I was no longer fat or uncomfortable and the confidence paired with my excellent academic achievements and awesome reputation in the school just made me feel on top of the world. I was actually on top of the world. Everything was perfect: grades were literally 100% perfect, my looks were perfect, I had a group of some really good friends all of whom loved me so much ... it was just perfect!

During that happy year of my life there was one day that I can NEVER forget. It has to be the undisputed happiest day of that year. It was the day I was allowed to go on the school's field trip with my friends. We went to the beach and it took the entire universe and some Godly miracles to convince my parents into giving their consent. Oh, I was so happy. So so so very happy. I was so happy I was glowing - like actual glowing on my face. I looked beautiful that day in my gorgeous red top and blue jeans. I remember every little detail of the trip; the songs we heard and sang along during the bus ride, the jokes we laughed on, the silliest poses we struck for pictures ... everything. Sand in my toes, wet jeans around my ankles, and the sun shining over my head - and yet I had zero complains. I was ecstatic. My friends were around me and they loved me, there was no care in the world except that I wanted to get the perfect pictures taken that day, and there was no other sense working except to have immense levels of fun. I laughed, I did silly stuff, I actually enjoyed the beach! I was the center of the group - the person who kept everybody connected. And that feeling of having friends around me who loved me was beyond awesome.

It was one of those days when nothing went wrong. Nothing at all. It is my most favorite memory from high school! One I would be willing to relive over and over again.

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment