Friday, November 2, 2018

My Potterhead Style Dream Vacation

Some dream of islands and beaches while some wish for greenery and getting up close with nature. But me, I dream of escaping reality. My dream vacation - and yes, I have it all planned in my head in great detail - is to go on a Harry Potter themed holiday with my fellow Potterhead sister, the Abbie! The Grand Potterhead Vacation has been on my mind since a while now and when the world throws their goo in my face I often resort to day dreaming about this holiday as my coping mechanism.

Starting off with the basics, I dream of a vacation taken with my Abbie. We've been through everything together, (and I mean EVERYTHING) and if there's truly two people in the world who deserve some time away from reality, it is us! I'd like to escape with her for countless days during my favorite seasons of Fall and Winter, celebrate our birthdays while vacationing, and ring in the new year away from the mundane.

First stop: Warner Brothers Studio Tour
So here's the plan. Sometime around the second week of October Abbie and I fly off and away to the United Kingdom where my dream vacation begins. We first pay a visit to the Primark outlets there where we basically buy the store's ENTIRE Harry Potter merchandise and then we hit the Studios where we go absolutely crazy exploring more of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. During Halloween season they have the Dark Arts exhibit too so this is perfect timing. We celebrate my birthday on the 19th here completely Potterhead style and have the time of our lives!

Second stop: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando
We've been there many times but I'd go another million times without a doubt. I just can't get enough of this place. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Orlando shall be our second stop. We'd fly all the way back to the USA sometime around the start of November and basically live here until Abbie's birthday on the 19th. *laughs* Hey, you can never have enough days when you have Hogwarts in front of you and are literally living the magic. We'd indulge in Butterbeers and Florean Fortescue's ice creams and watch all the possible shows and performances. We'd buy so so so much more Harry Potter merchandise and take countless pictures in every inch of these parks. Just thinking about it makes me so happy! We stay here forever. Or at least until the end of November. Hahaha!

Last stop: Cursed Child Play, New York
December in NYC is just magical. And what's better than a chance to experience Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play, right? It is something Abbie and I have on our bucket lists so of course this is part of the dream vacation. I've never seen a play before in my life and the fact that it can be Harry Potter just makes it the best! So after we're done with the Studio Tours and the theme parks we hit NYC and witness the magic on stage right before our eyes. We go absolutely crazy with happiness and basically just lose our minds and go insane. *laughs*

Now here's the thing. Every single time we travel to New York City something goes wrong and someone messes up our trip. So with nobody to change our plans or cause chaos on our dream vacation Abbie and I would do everything we ever wanted to do in NYC. So once we watch the Harry Potter play I'd visit some Gossip Girl locations and get pictures taken there. We'd visit Madame Tussaud's again and this time I'd look more decent in pictures and we won't be in a rush either. We'd eat at fancy restaurants and cafes and chill out on Times Square. I can finally visit Buddy Valastro's bakery and cafe and even meet him (it's a dream vacation so everything is possible!). And then we can return to reality - if needed. *laughs*

Did you see that? Just planning this vacation has my mood set all happy and fine. Imagine, just imagine how much fun this will be. Maybe after New York we could just go back to the Wizarding World in Orlando again ... ONE CAN DREAM!


This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

2 comments: