Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Award Goes To Sara Ali ...

The fifteenth prompt for November Journaling Month 2018 asks me that if I won an award what would it be for and how would my acceptance speech go. I thought about it and something immediately came to my mind. Recently I've had two very different kinds of people tell me the same thing: You should take part in those Next Great Baker type baking shows, you could totally win the grand prize! Both times I found myself laughing the matter away but when you're told something again and again you do end up dreaming about it. So I did dream about it.

If someone had asked me the same question while I was still studying I'd have said I'd receive an award for scoring extra high scores or something (which I did!). Today, I'd totally receive an award for my cakes! I've gradually become really good at caking and while there's still an entire world to learn and become an expert at, I think I can say this: My cakes are pretty awesome and definitely praiseworthy!

My acceptance speech would of course come through a flood of tears because of my excessively sensitive emotions. I can't even get through a happy moment without crying happy tears. So yeah. I'd be crying and thanking God and Abbie! Thank God for everything all the time and Abbie's the one who motivated me into trying to cake when I doubted if I could or not. So definitely thanking them. I'll also mention Buddy - the Cake Boss because he's the reason I became obsessed with baking and caking in the first place. I won't give a very long speech because honestly I hate it when people receiving awards in functions decide to drag their entire life story into that winning moment! *laughs* I'll keep it short and sweet and end it with, "XoXo, haters gonna hate!"

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment