Monday, November 5, 2018

Three Things I Can't Go Without

It's really tough to decide on just three things that I can't live without. There's so much, really! So strictly for this blog post I'm excluding things like food, my room, and family etc. Because food is food, not a thing. My room is technically a place and not a thing. And family are people, not a thing. So except for those lets see ... my phone, the Internet, and the Harry Potter fandom! THOSE three I can't go a day without!

1. My Phone
First thing I do every morning is pick up my phone and check how far the world progressed while I was asleep. Actually, even before that it's what wakes me up in the morning with that super wild alarm sound. There is just NO way I can live without my phone. It's my access to social media - the major source of happiness and normalcy in my life. It is my everything. From waking me up to shopping, reading books, blogging, taking pictures, communicating with the world, I do EVERYTHING using my iPhone. Snatch it away from me for a day and you might just get to witness the monstrous side in me. I'm a creative person, I can't stay still without doing something related to creativity. Either I'm taking pictures to create the beautifully curated Instagram feed of mine or browsing Pinterest for ideas I don't even know I needed until I see them. Come on, there just is no life without my phone. If I have my phone I can even sometimes go without my laptop and Kindle because my phone lets me do everything including reading. Oh and by God the times it has saved me from dying a death of boredom at social gatherings. Countless times it has saved mean ass bullies around me from experiencing my wrath because I used my phone to keep me from punching their noses. Seriously, my phone is saving lives all around the world.

2. The Internet
You see this world around me? I can't survive here for even an hour without the Internet. Internet is like a life support system I'm connected to. Unplug it from me and I'd be doomed. Oh the times I have Googled the craziest of questions about everyday life stuff because I had nobody answering them for me. Google, why am I feeling this, why is this happening around me, how do I clean the toilet, how do I cook this, how do I know if my egg is rotten or not, why does my poop look like this. YES. I have Googled that last one too along with a million other questions and concerns. Without the Internet, good luck getting anywhere. Without the Internet even my iPhone is useless. And I just explained how much the iPhone means to me. So the Internet is like THE absolute necessity.

3. The Harry Potter Fandom
Through thick and thin, through good and bad times, through the best and the worst Harry Potter has always been there for me. Rowling has created a fandom so beautiful, so grand, so supportive. She's really done us all a favor. Harry Potter isn't just a book or movie series to me anymore, it's my lifestyle. Everyday I live Harry Potter and when I have to be somewhere without it, in any shape or form, I just go crazy. This includes my merchandise collection, my books which stay with me as constant company, the parks in Orlando where I experience the purest form of bliss, the supportive Potterheads online who love me even though they don't know me in person, and that magical feeling that Harry Potter has spread through my veins for ever and ever. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome me home and I can never ever think of a life without it.

This entry has been written for November Journaling Month 2018

2 comments:

  1. OMG all the same for me too! I have a bunch of Potter themed items in my room, my phone is constantly next to me at all times, and INTERNET - without that I'd be soooo lost! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! Internet really IS so important, isn't it? :D
      And of course, nothing without the Potter universe <3

      Delete