Friday, December 7, 2018

Exceptionally Ordinary Birthday Board

Bathroom remodeling projects, crazy tenants, deck and patio constructions, and God know what else. 2018 was officially the crazy year - manic, chaotic, a major fiasco. Somehow amidst all of that I found a few minutes and put together my birthday board for this year. My birthday was on October 19th but I wasn't able to do this until we had already welcomed November into our lives. And honestly, if I hadn't sat idle in my room to supervise the work being done in my bathroom, I had mentally convinced myself that a birthday board won't be happening at all this year. While they broke apart my bathroom and fixed it all over again I gathered my stuff and created this beautiful birthday display.

Birthday cards, memories, decor, and love. That's what the birthday board was all about. I had planned on placing my birthday balloons on my desk too but with people in the bathroom and my entire room a big mess covered up in bed sheets to avoid the workers spoiling any of my precious things ... maybe next year!

Time for pretty closeups!

Clearly my most favorite birthday card! This one was from my favorite person - The Abbie! She wrote a super sweet message inside as well. Abbie's cards and her words are always the most special to me. Also right under that is the 'You're Magical' Starbucks card from my collection. We've been collecting Starbucks' cards and changing them into gorgeous magnets (more detailed blog post on that coming soon!).

Right under Abbie's card is the one I got from bro! He always gets me those funny ones that conclude how awesome he is and therefore why I don't even need anything else in life! (*coughs* Excuses for no gifts *coughs*) Hahaha! His wacky cards are always hilarious!

Top and center was the card from my SIL. The card is actually so cute I'll be using this as part of my room's decor quite a lot actually. Love the popsicles and the cute colors. The awesome quote is ... well, awesome! This will definitely be seen more of in my room every now and then!

And of course, the BEST BEST BEST one. This card was handmade by my now-four year old niece! She made it purple because she knows I love the color. She painted on it with beautiful colors to match my room and she said she added glitter because, "Beeya you love sparkly stuff!" ... this is the sweetest and the most precious piece on the birthday board right now!

This bright pink and sparkly card was from mama! It's beautiful! This is another something I intend to use again and again. I think it would go perfectly in the scrapbook I'm planning on starting super soon too. Such a pretty card this one!!!

This year my birthday was 'Luna Lovegood' themed and Abbie printed this little version of the Quibbler out. I guess she was planning to use it somehow somewhere on the beautiful cake she made but ended up keeping it just like that as part of the birthday decor. I love it! It's little and adorable and maybe I'll change this one into a little magnet too!

More favorites from the Luna Lovegood themed decor! Luna is one of my favorite characters from Harry Potter and both these quotes, 'just as sane as I am' and 'exceptionally ordinary' are just brilliant. The gold glittery 'Exceptionally Ordinary' was my cake's topper, made by Abbie. And the Luna Funko graphic with the quote were part of the birthday decor.

Isn't that glittery graphic exceptionally awesome?! I love it so much!

THIS WAS SO COOL! Abbie printed out a cover of the Quibbler as a poster for the birthday decor. The wackiness of the Quibbler is so cool in the books and the movies and I'm so glad I now have the front cover in my room. I'll be displaying this on my Harry Potter board after I take it down from here. It'll look awesome!

Notice the little detail Abbie added? She added the headline, "Sara Ali celebrates a 'Loony' birthday" ... so so cool! This is definitely staying on my Potter board for a gooooooood long time.

I noticed how the word 'awesome' popped up for me a lot this birthday. *Ahem ahem* This card was from my friend, Sania. She went out of the way and left me a birthday surprise on my doorstep. A funko pop (DOBBYYYYYY EEEEEEE!), hand made Harry Potter themed cookies, and this card. It was such an awesome surprise! I cried with emotion ... it was really extra sweet of her to do so much for me. Love you for this Saniyay!

This is staying with me forever until the day I die. So Sania left the gifts in a box. And on the box she printed out this, "For the girl who lives above the stairs! My love for you is endless my friend. After all this time? Always" ... It brought a HUGE smile on my face just when I saw this on the box. I cut up all these portions of the box and have stuck them on a piece of paper to keep forever! This is definitely going in my scrapbook.


Look at that! The cutest birthday board! I loved it and how I wish I could have kept this for longer. Sadly though, since I put this together so late I had to take it down after a short while so I could put up a gorgeous Fall board in place. Of course, I'll be blogging and showing off the Fall board too. For now, I leave you with this gorgeous birthday display!

No comments:

Post a Comment