Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Googly Eyed Giraffe ~ DIY Eid Greeting Envelope

When Eid came this year, it was time for me to prepare another Eid envelope for my darling niece Gubby. Yes, I intend to make Gubby's Eidee envelopes special every year. Each Eid I am writing her a letter with lots of love, memories, and heart to hearts. All these letters go in a memory box I've created for her. God bless her! She's so precious! I plan on giving her the memory box once she grows up enough to keep it safe. My little darling! She has my heart. She really does. I love her beyond words can express!

Eidee can be gifts too - which Gubby gets loads of!

So let's keep the expressing away for a second and let me show off the super silly Eid envelope I made for her. The Google Eyed Giraffe! There's a bit of a background to this giraffe. Back on Eid Gubby had recently received a white board and she had started doodling and drawing. I love doodling so obviously this became one of our favorite activities. Okay, confession, my drawings aren't perfect. I can doodle and draw stuff but complicated things like animals and such, I can't! Abbie does it with great skill, so does mom ... but me, nope! So I actually started PINNING drawing tutorials to impress my then-three year old niece! *laughs* Hey, I take auntie business very seriously, okay? That's where I found some great tutorials and learnt them. This giraffe was the easiest and wackiest and, best of all, Gubby loved it! And that is how this giraffe ended up being this year's Eid envelope!

On to its making now!

Sooo I started off with this plain ordinary white envelope! And first and foremost came my pencil-ed outline. An outline in pencil is best for people like me who aren't so pro with drawing! *laughs*

I first drew out the giraffe. It is really so simple! I made the oval face first, then the semi circle on top. Next I did the ears on the sides, then the two triangles on top. Then went in the eyes and the lips and the two circles and finally the neck! Then I added a leafy frame on top. You have to give me credit there because that was my own doing - not Pinterest! *laughs* ... I'm so proud of myself, aren't I? Hahaha! And in the end I wrote out the Eid greeting, "Eid Mubarak" in both Urdu and English.



Outline all set!!! We were ready to go!

Next, I outlined the giraffe with a black marker and then it was time to fill it in with color!

I decided to do two shades of yellow to give the giraffe more depth and character. The neck spots were colored brown and the ears had two shades of yellow too. It looked so cute! I made the lips all pouty and red which instantly turned the giraffe into a missy. I was already sure Gubby would love it. But the gold touch came when I added the googly eyes! Gubby loves googly eyes. I love googly eyes. This was just awesome! I made sure I mismatched the sizes of those googly eyes to make the missy look as crazy as she could be.

Adorable, isn't she?

For my leafy frame on the top right I used two shades of green for the leaves' outlines. Since this design wasn't going to have too many colors I wanted to add as many shades as I could. The leaves were shaded a third shade of green. Then I added some brown branches to add more details.

Then I outlined the Eid greeting in a bold blue shade. The blue somehow paired well with the yellow and the green and yet stood out to keep the greeting visible and pretty looking!

After everything was shaded I added the black and gold glittery washi tape to the bottom. Of course the envelope was incomplete without the glitter. A little pzazz is necessary!

SO PRETTY!!! I love decorative tapes so much!

In the very end I added a leafy little border thingy right under the Eid greeting. The red 'fruit' like things added another little pop of color and looked gorgeous with the giraffe's lips to match.


Smile for the camera Missy!

Gubby LOVED the envelope! The googly eyes and the lips made her so happy. As soon as she saw the giraffe she said, "Hey Beeya, you made our giraffe on the Eid card!" SO SO SO precious. That smile is exactly what I had been aiming for with my Googly Eyed Giraffe Eid envelope!

Here's a two part video of this crazy envelope's making!


1 comment: