Sunday, December 16, 2018

Fall Board 2018

And just when I'd thought Fall would pass me by without giving me enough time to craft a beautiful Fall board, stars aligned and I finally put together this gorgeousness. Rushed up, late, and missing half of the things I had planned - my Fall board 2018 turned out to be beautiful nevertheless! I created most of this while men worked in my bathroom remodeling it to my liking. If I hadn't had to sit there and supervise I honestly wouldn't have found the time to even look at my board. 2018 was surely crazy. Manic. Insane. You get the point! Let me just skip the talking and show off the close ups ...

My most favorite feature on my Fall board 2018!
I found the beautiful wreath in one of the magazines and the bold blue front door caught my attention. I've always been in love with colored doors. If there were no HOA rules and I could make my own choices I would have a colored front door to my house. If my bedroom's door didn't open in a shared main hallway with a sophisticated look I would have maybe colored my bedroom's door! *laughs* So the blue front door made it on my Fall board because it couldn't make it to my real life! Hahaha! Against the gorgeous blue door and the Fall wreath is my 'Hello Fall' Starbucks card magnet - a DIY magnet Abbie has made for me. It is so gorgeous and looks awesome against the blue.

"The end of summer is the beginning of a new season. So we find ourselves looking to the future. You ain't seen nothin' yet. XoXo!" - Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl is my favorite for various reasons, one of which are the quotes and dialogues. People think the show is shallow and all about rich folks and their crazy doings, but ask me and you'll see how rich the show is. Rich with emotions, lessons, and brilliance. This is one of the many quotes that I love. This one's about the Fall season, my favorite season of all!

My most favorite part of the Fall Board 2018!

Hectic and sort-of short lived this Fall may have been but look at this ... I completed my Fall to-do list! I celebrated every little moment and cherished it, walked on crunchy Fall leaves while wearing Fall boots and sweaters and coats! I did a super fun Fall leaves activity with my Gubbzie Bubbzie, even blogged for NoJoMo 2018, and captured some beautiful Fall photos in my camera. I celebrated my birthday and baked for Abbie's and Gubby's too. And best of all: I watched The Crimes of Grindelwald in a theater! OMG. Best moment of the year!

One of the reasons this is my favorite season is because of its many colors. I love how colorful Fall is, its many shades, the beauty. It's mesmerizing. And this page from a magazine had all the beautiful shades represented with ribbons. I even put up the two random yellow and orange ribbons that were on my desk since forever, leftovers of some craft project. They looked just like the ribbons in the picture and Abbie said, "It makes it look 3D!"

Fall scenes and pictures of colorful leaves made up the top left corner of my Fall board. All of these remind me of my days in college when I actually saw scenes such as the bench under the Fall tree so frequently. My campus at the University of Maryland was so beautiful and it was such a joy to get to see such pretty sights everyday. These cards are the perfect reminder! Oh and by the way, these cards are actually from the paint section at Walmart. I found them and loved them so much I brought them home for crafting.

Another Fall quote I found in a magazine and loved, "As many Autumn colors to see as there are adventures to enjoy them." Perfect for my Fall board!

Against the quote thing I put up another one of my Fall Starbucks cards which we've converted to a magnet! This super cute acorn caught our attention, especially because we loved the plaid look and the shine! So cute!

I forgot to take an individual picture of it somehow, but look at the funky yellow and orange graphic on the bottom right. It was something makeup related in a magazine but I kept it because it had Fall colors and looked so funky. It looked lovely on the Fall board!

I'm so happy I got the time to do this. Because it looks so pretty! Look at it. It sets my mood right. The last few days of Fall now remain ... I don't want Fall to end but I also want to skip to the next year and finish up this pathetic 2018! Can't have both things of course so I guess it's time to say goodbye to my beloved season of Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment