Sunday, January 13, 2019

My 2019 New Year Resolutions!

2019 began for me while I was seated in the lobby at Fairmont Makkah Clock Tower post completing Umrah (pilgrimage). We were waiting for our bus to arrive so we could head to the airport and catch a flight back home. Ending the very hectic and horrible 2018 with a spiritual trip to Madinah and Makkah was good. I got the inner peace I needed and the sense of fresh beginnings I wanted as 2019 began for me. I fell sick upon returning home with 103 fever, the need for antibiotics, and diarrhea thanks to them. It felt like the curse of 2018 would never end. But now that I'm feeling so much better, with just a stubborn cough remaining, I am all set and ready to make myself some promises for the new year. It is time for me to set some goals for 2019 and I so hope that this year will be better and kinder to me than the last. Lets get started and dive straight in!

Love myself - truly, madly, deeply!
A goal I've been setting for myself since the past two or so years, this year too I promise to love myself truly, madly, deeply. Self love is very important to me and this year I want to be bigger and better at it. I want alone time, me time. I want peace. I want to do everything that makes me feel good and stay away from everything that does the opposite. From tiny things like attending to my drying winter skin with lotion to big things like achieving peace of mind and contentment of the heart ... I want to do it all.

Be silent in the face of stupidity!
I meet all kinds of stupid every second of my life and I've taken a stand to avoid it at all costs. This year I need to master the ultimate art of silence. To a great extent I do this already, out of being absolutely sick and tired of the stupids. But this year I'll be working on it consciously and this shall be one of my goals for the year.

Find and break a bad habit!
I think I may already have one ready to tackle this year. Not certain, but I'll be tracking down a bad habit and killing it by the time this year ends!

Become spiritually stronger!
So much to do and such little time in this world. This year I want to cross the finish line absolutely content with my efforts towards spiritual improvement. My soul needs it, my heart needs it, my mind needs it. I have a plan and I'm already onto it!

Be at my creative best!
Blogging regularly and creating awesome blog posts one after the other. Working in my Wreck This Journal. Creating more awesome bits for my Crafty Files. Starting a scrapbook or two. Doing lots of DIYs and crafts. Putting together beautiful display boards and decors. Baking and caking gorgeousness. Trying out delicious new recipes and learning how to cook lots of new stuff. Reading to my heart's content .... I have a LOT of creative stuff planned for myself this year!

Spend a lot of time in my room!
It is my happy corner in the house and to stay happy I will spend a lot more time in my room this year. I didn't last year because I'd either be in the living room or the kitchen or Abbie's study in my rare free time. This year it shall be me retiring in my beautiful room to some peace.

Make the most of every moment!
Last year's stressful hectic horrible situation made me set this as a goal to achieve this year. I have realized that a lot of things I worry about aren't even in my control; people, situations, problems, potential consequences of things ... it's just not in my control and I must stop stressing about these things. This year I promise myself to make the most of every moment. I want to squeeze the most out of every second of my life before it just passes me by.

Good luck to me!
Happy 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment