Thursday, February 28, 2019

Toy Shopping With the Gubbster

Honestly, I really really wish I could go back to being a kid again. No care in the world, everybody revolving around you, and no responsibilities except keeping your toys safe. They were the best times, undoubtedly. Sadly I have to adult everyday now and deal with a tonne of stuff. But guess who is living the high life? Gubbzy Bubbzy. My darling niece is like a portal into my childhood. I can be crazy with her (not that I am not already), sing, dance, scream, watch cartoons, and play with toys. It's our thing and I love it. I love every moment spent with this kiddo!

Recently, I got a chance to go toy shopping with her. She made her grandparents promise they'd take her and so it happened. And I enjoyed my heart out with her. I sat her in the cart and off we went making 'zoom' noises, pretending we were in a racing car. I took her through each and every toy aisle and let her browse. It was hilarious because she was literally steering me. "Beeya, STOP! Go back. Back, back, back, back, back, baaaack, aaaaand STOP. Down, down, down, yes, right there! Look at that Barbie. Look at that car. Look at that Minnie Mouse toy! Can I buy them? Let's take them all." Hahahaha! Armed with her lollipop she maneuvered her way through the toy section by directing me all around the place. I let her browse once and then took her back to her favorites so she could pick and choose and finalize what we were going to buy that day. She was clearly having a tonne of fun - and I was probably having more fun than her!

Of course there was someone missing - Chunky! She's too little to be taken shopping right now so it was just Gubby that day. But Chunky and her adorable ways are etched deep in my heart. I can't go anywhere without her on my mind and it wasn't any different while I roamed through the toy aisles. Chunky's a really different kind of kid. Where Gubby loved stuffed toys and plushies as a baby, Chunky has nothing to do with them. She doesn't pick up stuffed toys at all. What she enjoys most are cars and racing tracks and bigger pretend play toys like Gubby's kitchen and ice cream shop. It's like she's so little but absolutely not ready to play with baby toys! Hahaha!

On one of her monthly-birthdays (we celebrate every month up to the first birthday) we gifted her a Go! Go! Smart Wheels race track. To our surprise it was actually the first toy she grew really attached to. So that day, when I came across these add on Smart Wheels cars, I couldn't resist. We got four of these: Goofy and Minnie Mouse for Gubby and a fire engine and an ambulance for Chunky. Of course they share the cars so we now have five in total, including the original race car that came with the track. Chunky has fallen in love with them and it's a treat to watch her pick these up with her tiny chubby hands and then go, "mmmmm mmmmm vroom!" SO ADORABLE!

The main toys Gubby chose that day were a super cool microphone with games and activities and what not and a toy toolbox she had been eyeing for almost an year now. It was such a dear sight watching her go absolutely gaga when we told her she could get the toolbox at last! She was squealing sitting in my cart. In addition to those I also got her these dollhouse things. I got her a Fancy Nancy doll on her birthday back in November so this time I got her Nancy's sleepover soiree pyjama set. It comes with a sleep robe, a pillow, a brush, and a sleepover bag. Gubby loves it. We can finally play Fancy Nancy's sleepover episode now too! It's so much fun!

And finally I want the world to meet the latest member of Gubby's dollhouse: Georgina! I love getting her dolls and we keep adding them to her dollhouse. I have a confession to make here ... the dolls are personally for myself too! Hahahaha! I love Barbies and I love that I can now play with them again thanks to Gubby. She lets me name them and I've been picking names inspired from my favorite show Gossip Girl. We have Blair, Serena, Little J Jenny, and Lily. And now we have Georgina and Cece the dog. Isn't that super cool!? Georgina came with Cece and some other cute stuff. There was a case thingy to carry Cece along in, a teddy bear, a backpack, phone, and headphones. Gubby was beaming with excitement when she saw how you many accessories Georgina came with. She took her to her dollhouse and instantly introduced her to everyone else. The other dolls showed her around the dollhouse and then they settled in. Bless my heart, these kids are just so adorable!

Toy shopping was super fun with Gubby. She was very happy to have finally had her grandparents fulfill their promise of taking her toy shopping. We ended the shopping spree with a little party at Starbucks. Abbie had her chai, Dad sipped ice latte, Mama had her latte, and I cozied up around an extra hot hot chocolate. Yummmmmm ... and guess what Gubbzoo had? A delicious cake pop! She was one extra happy kid that afternoon! And I was a satisfied, amused (and tired) auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment