Thursday, February 14, 2019

XoXo Art ~ With Lots of Love!

When I was in my teens I was introduced to what, in my opinion, is the most fanciest combination of alphabets ever: XoXo! I loved how they conveyed hugs and kisses in such a fancy manner but I really fell in love with XoXo thanks to Gossip Girl. It's my favorite show and something that constantly stays in my 'continue watching' section on Netflix. There's something so very special about the way Gossip Girl signs off, "You know you love me. XoXo, Gossip Girl!" It always sets these fancy vibes all around me. And so I have this connection with XoXo such that it can be found in various places all around my room.

I recently spent some of my rare free time unwinding from the world and its claws and ended up creating something very pretty. The idea was to do some kind of a doodle in my planner as the month's cover. For February I wanted to do something related to pink and cute and girly but when I was done with my XoXo art I decided it wasn't going in my planner, but instead on display somewhere in my room. It's just too pretty to hide away on a page inside my planner. It needs to be put up somewhere where I can see it.

Ta daaaaaaa! My darling XoXo Art ~ with lots of love!
It felt so wonderful to be able to create something pretty again after a good long time. Life has just been very hectic since a while now and I'd pushed away my creative side to take a back seat while the world's problems took me for a ride. But this year I've promised to be my creative best and here it is! This beautiful XoXo piece which screams love, girly girl-ness, and fabulosity. I think I hold the rights to show off some more and up close and in detail too! *laughs* So here are the details!!


I used Sharpie markers for everything except the gold hearts; they were done using these glittery fancy gel pens I have. To my delightful surprise my Sharpie metallic silver marker, which I was pretty sure had decided to slowly dry up without even being used, lived once again and I used it for some shiny silver polka dots. I don't have a cursive handwriting so that XoXo was completely off the internet and I admit, I was really surprised at how nicely I managed to do it! (Cursive is definitely not my cup of tea!) But anyhoo, I am actually very happy and very proud of this piece. It is one of those simplest ones that look the prettiest and make me the happiest!

You know you love me. XoXo, Saraallie!

6 comments:

  1. What a fabulous piece of handmade art, I hope you've displayed it somewhere proudly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't had a chance to do that! But I will be doing so soon! Thank you so much :D

      Delete
  2. OMG, I love Gossip Girl and XoXo too. I use it often to express myself. I love your art too. It is so cute and feminine. Love it! xo ;) Stay Positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best show EVERRRRR! Thank you so muchhhhh :D XoXo!

      Delete