Thursday, February 7, 2019

Winter Board 2019 ~ Dashing Through The Snow

New year, new month, and a beautiful Winter season to celebrate ... of course a change of my inspiration/mood board was much needed. My first creative triumph of 2019 is this beautiful Winter board with pretty dainty details and funky bits. It was a mix of calm and serene with sass and funk - which is exactly what I am hoping this year to be for me; the perfect balance!

When I designed my Winter board 2019 I wanted it to have subtle colors with some bright and funky pops all around. I also wanted to create a bit of a wintry cutesy display right under the board and raise it enough so some of it became part of the board itself. Once it was all done it looked even prettier than what I had imagined it to be in my head. It was cute, girly, and HAPPY! Happy was what I was going for and happy was what I ended up with! I added layers of awesomeness to the board to make it look beautiful. A lot went onto this board including graphics from magazines, Starbucks's winter cups, an M&Ms figure, snow globe, Starbucks's gift cards, a cute little stocking, lots of creativity, and immense love! Time for some detailed close ups!

This cute little stocking has been with me for years. I actually have emotions and memories attached with it. I love it's velvet with the sequins. It's kind of like having glam and elegance together.

Joy is definitely what I am hoping for throughout 2019. So it makes perfect sense for this to be part of the first inspiration board I created this year. This is the cover of a beautiful greeting card my brother had received more than a decade ago from the real estate agent who had assisted him in finding a condo while he was still in college. Imagine how long I have kept this with me and in perfect condition too. The glittery details and the bright colors caught my attention more than ten years ago and to this day this remains one of my favorites!

Abbie found these beautiful red bells and got one for each one of us. They're very festive and wintry and with just the right kind of shine and sparkle too! I hung these up on one corner of the board.

Good things come to those who wait and wait I shall! May 2019 be the year I get the fruits of my waiting. Okay to be honest the major hope behind this was my desperate wish of a vacation to the Wizarding World again! Hahaha! I really hope I get to do it this year. This was a magazine graphic I decided to customize so it could go on my pretty board.

I promise, one day I will post a detailed blog entry about my Starbucks's card magnets! For now I'm just showing off a few more from my collection. They came up with these pretty winter ones this time and I bought all the ones I fell in love with. There's the one with Starbucks written across it featuring a snowball whooshing through the air for a possible awesome snow fight and the cute snow gloves with the Starbucks cup. There's also the funky red one that says 'let's chill'. I thought it was awesome that they made it so bright and vibrant.

Yep, Starbucks's seasonal cups are a huge part of my life. Each hot chocolate sipped in them has memories associated with it. I can't do coffee because it destroys my stomach so I'm more of a Starbucks's hot chocolate/dessert kinda girl. I love that this time Starbucks had more than just one design for Winter and how all their cups were so very pretty and colorful. This plaid inspired green one was my favorite I think!

Snowy fuzzy details and beautiful glass ornaments in shades of pink and orange - this graphic caught my attention in a magazine because it obviously was screaming my name. It fits perfect with the girly vibe of my room and the ornaments and the present were that pop of vibrant color I spoke about earlier. Something about how delicate this graphic was just made me fall in love with it.

Dashing through the snow with my Abbie, Gubby, and Chunky darlings and my heart full of excitement and joy! That's what I've lately been up to. This Starbucks's card was so pretty I just couldn't leave it behind. Look at the adorable bunny too! How awesomely cute is thissssss!

This graphic is one of my favorites and I've used it in a couple other crafts before too. I love the bookish aesthetic with the hot chocolate on the side and the woolen bits adding that cozy vibe. This is just perfection! This is what I wish and hope for: a cozy few hours with my laptop or my book, something warm to drink, on my comfortable bed! Perfection, like I said. With that peaceful vibe I wanted on my Winter board this year, this just fit so so well!

Remember I mentioned the sass and the funk - well there ya go! Those hot pink heeled boots with studded details are such a stunner. I want my year to be just as sassy and vibrant and studded with glitter and glittery crystal too! Also check out the Starbucks card. It's a funny little snow man just like the ones we hoped to get to build this season. Love how it says 'stay cool' on his glasses. And then there's the other snowman card above it who is sipping steaming hot chocolate! So adorable!

See that graphic behind the card and the stocking? The peach colored one. Yep. You know what I loved the most about this? The snowflake paper decoration the added. What a genius serving idea and what a cute graphic to use for my board!

These cute little things sat on my desk right under the board. Abbie and I spent weeks looking at these glittery trees at Target but never buying them for fear of hoarding stuff in the name of crafting. One day, we gave in. Hey, it's creative clutter okay? I got the pink glittery tree to match my love for all things girly. It's so pretty and so delicate. The glitter sheds all over my desk every time I try to move the tree, which is annoying, but I guess I can deal with it because of how pretty it is!

I love snow globes but always stay away from buying them because I think I'll be wasting money. Abbie beat sense into my head and lead me into buying this one though. I think I bought this last year. It's so cute. So so adorable!

That M&M guy is special to me too. Abbie and I each have one and it kind of is a vacation twinning thing for us. When we vacation we dress alike mostly in our Harry Potter outfits. And according to the entire world we look like twins. So whenever we step out we are stopped by a million people who tell us how awesome our outfits look and how we are twins. Hahaha! And having two of these is kind of our representation of that. Funny how tiny little things can have such awesome memories attached to them! I placed my tree and the snow globe on top of two of Starbucks's other Winter cup designs and the M&M guy stood right next to the cute little set up.

I am so in love with this Winter board! 

Now isn't it pretty? Peaceful yet full of funk! Vibrant happiness pouring out of it!
It's the perfect inspiration I needed at the start of my new year and the perfect mood board to set my brains on the right track! I'm off to making my year awesome ... byeeeeeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment