Friday, April 19, 2019

Quidditch ~ Would I Play?

Quidditch! The most famous sport in the Wizarding World! Exciting, heart-thumping, adrenaline-pumping ... I always loved reading the Quidditch matches in the books. Even in the movies Quidditch matches were always such fun to watch. Oh and when I finally got to be a part of an actual Quidditch game, while riding The Forbidden Journey, I screamed my throat into soreness because that's how excited I became. *laughs* I'm a highly sentimental person and all emotions I feel are pretty much on the extreme side - including the excitement for a good game of Quidditch!

Last year in July when I hosted the Potterific July Instagram Challenge I discussed Quidditch. That's also where the beautiful picture above comes from. I wondered if I'd be into Quidditch if I attended Hogwarts, and if yes whether it would be as part of the team or as part of the spectating audience. That's what I'm talking about today as well ...

Back when I used to be in high school I used to be a really sporty girl. I was part of a lot of teams including the school's baseball team, cricket team, and volleyball team. I actually enjoyed playing games and was pretty good at them too. My teachers used to have faith in me that I'd win and make the school proud. I think that pride and the overall excitement of playing kept me into sports throughout the time I was in school. I was awarded numerous certificates for all of it too and it used to feel awesome receiving applause and cheers for playing. *sighs* Good times. Because of this I am pretty sure that had I attended Hogwarts instead of Muggle school I would have totally been on the Gryffindor Quidditch team. I'd be a loved and trusted player with great flying skills and my Gryffindor family would be extremely proud of me.

Which position would I play though? Back in school I used to be taller and faster than a lot of my teammates so I was always told I had certain traits that helped me win. Often I was chosen for important playing positions like the opening batswoman in a cricket match or in the middle of a volleyball match so I'd cover max area and help my team win. Based on that I could guess I would be Seeker. I'd be fast, I'd be sharp, I'd be extremely attentive and focused. I like to think I would win my team one hundred and fifty points and the Quidditch House Cup!

*Breaks out of dream sequence*

Today, I don't think sports and I would go too well together. *laughs* I'm too scared of bugs to play outdoors now, I hate sweating, and I have a neck that stays in a permanent state of spasm for majority of my life. Hahahaha! Today if you ask me about Quidditch I would noway say I'd be on the team. You'd find me on the spectators end instead, sitting next to Luna, wearing an outrageous hat on my head too and showing off Gryffindor pride with all the fierceness in me. I'd be a Quidditch lover but not as a player, as the audience cheering for my team. I would still love to fly on a broom and would hopefully be great at it, but never to win a match for my house ... Sports and I just don't gel anymore! *laughs*

Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment