Friday, July 19, 2019

Dobby Has No Master But Dobby Has a Funko Pop

Dobby has no master but Dobby has a Funko Pop and today I'm welcoming him officially into my Funko collection! Potterheads - wizards and muggles - I present ... Dobby!

Dobby dear came into my life on my twenty seventh birthday. My friend Sania surprised me that afternoon by leaving a parcel out on my doorstep. I opened it and found a greeting card, Harry Potter themed cookies decorated by her, and ... DOBBY! I was screaming, I was crying, I was just so happy and so surprised! It was such a sweet gesture and such a fabulous gift!!! That's how Dobby came home to me. *Wipes emotional tears*

Dobby's funko is, once again like funkos in general, super real and super detailed. He has that 'helpful' expression on his face, the signs of abuse and harsh punishments all over, and the innocence in his eyes. His eyes ... his eyes ... "and his eyes were nothing more than great glassy orbs, sprinkled with light from the stars they could not see." Poor Dobby ... I had cried ugly when I'd read that and having Dobby's funko has made me feel a wee bit better about his death. *sniff*

Before I begin a full on sob post because I still haven't gotten over Dobby's death, I should get a hold on myself and show off this perfect little funko Dobby! Time for close ups and deets!

Notice the details on Dobby's funko. Look at those wrinkles and frown lines and shiny eyes - glass orbs ... *slaps herself back to senses* So beautifully detailed!

This funko comes holding a grey sock in hand. Harry's sock! Also, I love that they made burn marks and scars on his body. It was all part of Dobby's description in the books and movies and it is brilliant that they added the deets to this funko too. He also wears his signature pillowcase which has a dusty appearance and dirt marks too. Perfect details! Perfect Funko!


Brutal, but the marks from his many punishments make this funko so real. It really is a true tribute to Dobby - the brave house elf who was free!


His bat like ears, complete with wrinkles and folds, are adorable! I love Dobby so much and I'm so happy with this funko pop!!!

It's all in the details ...

"Dobby has come to save Harry Potter, of course. Dobby will always be there for Harry Potter."

Okay who am I kidding, I cannot get a grip on myself - I just can't! Dobby's death was insanely tragic. Especially the way Harry reacted to it, digging the grave without magic and everything ... I just can't get over it. This little darling funko pop is such a happy sight to have in my room. It's like a piece of him is back to life ... my Dobby! Welcome to my Potter Pops collection little fella'.

No comments:

Post a Comment