Monday, July 22, 2019

Thoughts On Hagrid's New Roller Coaster - Before I Ride It!

Have you ever felt extremely excited, the good kind where you cannot even sit still, and also felt horribly scared, the bad kind where you get a stomach ache? That's how I feel about Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure ride - now open at Universal Orlando. I've been following along this ride in the news ever since they first started discussing its existence. I followed along as it was planned, executed, constructed, prepared, launched, and posted online as POV videos. And now that it is running I am desperately waiting for the chance to go and check it out in person. But I'm just as scared as I am excited because I'm not a roller coaster person and this one is one HECK of a coaster.

See what I'm talking about? Now, normally I do not do scary rides with twists and turns and killer movements. But I make an exception for Harry Potter. The Forbidden Journey is my most favorite ride in the world and Gringotts follows just after. If you seat me in a ride just like the Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts, which is not Harry Potter themed, I'd probably faint or at least leave in tears or permanent shock. Hahahahaha! But somehow, I do not feel scared in both the Potter rides - in fact I've done them a gazillion times and I only have pure extreme kinds of fun riding them.

Having said that, this one is different. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is an actual roller coaster and that too outdoors. It's also super fast reaching speeds of like fifty/fifty-five. It's also twisting and turning like an actual coaster. In fact it goes beyond normal coasters with that backward fall, riding in reverse (which means twisting in reverse), and the free fall drop. So obviously, I'm freaking out. But it's a story coaster so I just cannot miss it! Hey, major conflicted feelings here!!!

What are some of the things I'm super excited about?

First of all - meeting Hagrid. He's one of my favorites from the Harry Potter series and to see him standing there would be such a treat! I love that they decided to include a REAL DEAL Hagrid instead of just a projected screen version of him. He deserved a ride dedicated entirely to him because of how awesome he was and he is one of the MAIN reasons why I'm planning to brave-up and board this roller coaster and have my soul shaken and twisted and turned and returned in almost its original state! Hahahahaha!

Fluffy! Seriously, Fluffy needed to be at Universal. I mean, if I don't ride this coaster where else would I ever get a chance to see a three headed dog? I better take some kind of music along because I definitely suck at singing.

THE BLAST ENDED SCREWT! I'm going to go ahead and show off big time here because I was the brilliant one who guessed this right even before it was revealed. So they said they had included a magical creature that was in the books but not in the movies and my first thought was BLAST ENDED SCREWTS! And I was right! Duh, I am so excited to go and meet it!

The Centaurs! They were so majestic in the books and the movies and now that they have come to life I really am looking forward to meeting them. It would be so cool to see them standing there!

But of course there are also the things I am not looking forward to - or I think I must rephrase and say I am scared of.
  • First and most important one of all ... being twisted and turned and shaken terribly! Hahaha!
  • The height and the speed of this thing, especially because it is outdoors.
  • That backward fall which might just kill me! Hahaha!
  • The extremely long wait times.
  • Free falling in the dark on that track shift.

Look at this beauty! Regardless of how scared I am there is just no way I can miss out on this. The motorbike is so cool! I think the first time we ride it I'll take the side car and Abbie will be on the bike. We've decided that if we brave it for the first time and decide we can handle it like the other Potter rides, we'll do it for a second time and switch seats so we can try out both the bike and the side car.

But the question is: will we survive this? We've indulged in the POV videos on Youtube and sometimes we thought we could do it and other times we thought we'd freak out! Hahahahaha! Some people on Insta who are doing the Potterific July challenge with me have told me to not spoil the ride watching those videos. They say it is totally worth it and I'd love it and I should keep it a suspense!

Aaaaaaaaaaah!  The excitement is so so so so much I am having trouble sitting still. Right now I am hoping the wait times will shorten down by the time I finally get a chance to go and ride this beauty! And no matter how scared we feel, we do know that we definitely have to do this!!!

Butterbeer cheers to Hagrid and his motorbike!

No comments:

Post a Comment