Saturday, February 22, 2020

Sara's Word ~ Celebrating Self Love

When everything turns pink and red,
everywhere's a girly spread,
love is celebrated far and wide,
I hop onto the February ride,
self love is what I celebrate,
no time for bullies, no time for hate,
I am the best and my favorite,
I love myself and they better deal with it.

Sara Ali

*******************

Hello my lovelies!

Now isn't that absolutely beautiful? I'm talking about both the February art and that little piece of poetry I did there. Okay, confession: I wasn't planning on the poetry part at all when I began composing this blog post ... it just happened. I'm cool like that! *winks*

Ahem ahemmmmmm, so what do we have here? Ah, yes, the month of February which is flying past me like Gru trying to get to the moon. It just started and yet it is almost coming to an end already. Hot chocolates and failed attempts to start a diet, trying out new shampoos in hopes of finding a good match, shopping and window shopping, celebrating a sulky brother's birthday, buying Harry Potter scrabble and spending hours playing it with Abbie, lots of chores and cleaning and then some more 'work' work, a massive spider attack turning out to be an ill-humored prank, getting rear ended and surviving a car crash, enjoying a Bubbsters pajama party and movie night, eating out, hating the end of a pathetic season 13 of Bigg Boss, panicking at a dentist routine visit and coming out with zero cavities and 100% hygiene, and panicking even more at driving longer distances through heavy rainfall ... this month has seen it all!


Wow, that's a lot happening in twenty something days and yet it seems like most of February just disappeared without giving me enough time to appreciate or acknowledge it. I've done a lot this month, haven't I? But there were so many more things I wanted to do. No regrets though because I've resolved to take it one day at a time, not panic, and keep myself happy as much as I can at the beginning of this year. So far, I'm doing good on my resolutions with minor slips here and there. That's a pat on the back for me right there! *proud face*

It's been all red and hearts and pretties and pinks everywhere I go these days. Valentines has made everything girly and beautiful. I just ignore the cheesy couples' stuff as always and continue loving the girly side of Valentines Day! Hahaha! Yeah, I do not celebrate Valentines Day. But I do like to celebrate self love through February. Self love is an everyday thing for me so why not actually celebrate it in February, when the world is busy celebrating all kinds of love, right?

I don't specifically do anything to celebrate, it's mostly in my own head and heart. Simple things that keep me happy like spending a few minutes in peace, reading a book I love, dressing up in something cute, crafting in some way, or eating something I find delicious ... simple little things to make me feel happy and give me a celebratory feeling. So that's what I've been up to throughout the month.

March approaches and I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not. Winter will be coming to an end without giving me enough snow to go out and make a snowman. Spring will be bringing bugs and eventually the weather will become warmer ... ughhhhhh I hate sweating! But then I'll begin planning out Chunky's birthday which is in April, I'll be figuring out what I'm going to do about April A to Z Blogging, and I'll try taking a head start on the prep for Potterific July. So there's the bad stuff and yet such exciting stuff coming up ahead! Lets see how it goes ...

Here's to a happy last few days of February,
here's to self love,
and here's a big BOO for them haters!
Until next time,
XoXo

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! Self love is so important and February is the perfect month for it. Thanks so much for sharing!
    -Charity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Self love is the most important, I feel!
      Hope you had a great Feb and have a great year ahead too :)
      Keep loving!

      Delete