Thursday, April 9, 2020

Hogsmeade ~ My Favorite Spot at the Magical Village

You know when I visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter I just go crazy. My senses just cannot handle the grandeur of the place. Magic, all around, literally bursting through every little inch. It's just too overwhelming. The place is just a dream come true. I can visit over and over again and still lose my mind and stand over there stunned out of my senses. I love every bit, every inch, every thing about the Wizarding World.

I often ask myself to pick favorites at the Wizarding World. Do I like Diagon Alley more or Hogsmeade? What's my favorite ride? Which is my favorite shop? Favorite drink? Favorite food? Etc, etc ... While it may be excessively difficult and near impossible for me to pick favorites at a place that I love ALL of and that too SO much, it is fun pondering over my choices. Today, I'm talking about Hogsmeade and I'm picking my most favorite spot at the magical village!

If you enter Hogsmeade through the main archway entrance you instantly see the beauty of it all. The snow covered buildings lining the side of the cobbled street which is packed with Wizards, Witches, and Muggles of all ages. The glorious scarlet engine of the Hogwarts Express throwing puffs of steam in the air that's full of magic. Honeydukes's mint green blending in with the rest of the awesomeness immediately upon walking in. It's breathtaking.

But then as you make your way through Hogsmeade you reach another sight that is possibly even more breathtaking and mind blowing than the Wizard village you've just walked through ... the grand castle of Hogwarts! At the very end of Hogsmeade's street this castle stands emanating a magical invisible glow that can not be seen but can be felt deep inside the heart. It gives me goosebumps when I look at Hogwarts towers and turrets each and every single time. It's just ... *sighs* a magic that can not be put into words.

Right in the middle of these two areas is where my favorite spot is. It's like the crossroad between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. This is where the Hogsmeade snowman is. Yessss, the snowman spot. When I stand near the snowman I can have it all. On my left I can see the busy streets of Hogsmeade, covered under a blanket of snow, giving me all the cozy feels. On the right I can see the majestic Hogwarts castle standing in all its glory. The snowman greets me with a warm smile and I could swear it has its arms spread wide to welcome me into a hug. I can catch a glimpse of the Hogwarts choir and hear them perform too. It's the best of both worlds!

Abbie and I love getting ourselves a frozen Butterbeer and then leaning against a wall somewhere near the snowman to sip the deliciousness away. From here we can see everything, everyone. From here we can take beautiful pictures for our Instagrams. From here we can relax and let time pass without a care in the world. Often fans stop and comment on our dresses or tell us the Spectrespecs we are wearing look awesome. Often fans ask us to help them get beautiful pictures with the castle in their background. I love taking pictures of excited fans, especially families! A family obsessed with Harry Potter is something I would have loved to have (my folks are Muggles!). Somewhere not so far away we can hear the swoooooosh of the coasters muffled magically in the chatter of excited fans all around us.

This is our spot. This is the place we've spent a lot of time at. This is the place where we've made precious memories and discussed magical moments. This is a place very close to our hearts. This is a place very close to my heart. So to forever preserve these memories and to honor my love for this spot at Honeydukes, I bought the replica plush of the Hogsmeade snowman on my last visit (will show it off here on the blog soon!). Now I can have a piece of that precious place, where I have countless memories with Abbie, right there in my room! It's magical - whenever I look at my plush I am instantly transported to Hogsmeade, to Hogwarts, to the Wizarding World ... and that to me is heaven on earth!


Look at that gorgeous view ... *sighs*

***************
Come find me and my Potterhead lifestyle:

My sister is doing the Potterific A to Z too! Follow Abbie's Potterific A to Z entries on her blog right here!

This entry belongs to the April A to Z Blogging Challenge 2020 - The Potterific A to Z.
For a full list of all of my entries this year click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment