Friday, March 19, 2021

I Got My First Covid Vaccine Shot!

I did it! I braved my fear of needles!
I got my first vaccine shot against the horrible Corona Virus!
Boohoo Covid ... Saraallie one, Covid zero.
This takes the world one step closer to being Covid free!

Yes, on the seventeenth of March 2021, in station 3, I got my first Covid 19 Vaccine! I was nervous and shaking visibly thanks to my fear of needles. See, I can take needles and get shots and blood tests done without crying or creating a scene but I am super scared and I do get nervous and yes, it shows! Thankfully when Abbie and I reached we had no long lines to wait in. I sat in the waiting corridor with my legs shaking for I think what would have been less than ten minutes. After that we were directed to the door marked station 3 where two things immediately caught my eye. The first was a whole display of bandages ready to go on punctured vaccine arms. Second was a pretty looking sign that read, "Do small things with great love" ... many sarcastic thoughts erupted in my head about puncturing me with needles with love. 

The lady who was to administer the shot to us was typing in stuff in her computer when she suddenly turned, looked at me, and asked, "Oh my God honey are you shakin'?" I laughed and said yes. She consoled me by saying I wouldn't feel anything at all and it would take less than a second and that she was really good and she did shots for babies. That was some assurance to my ears but the trouble is no matter how good the person is, it is the needle coming at me that scares me so bad. Abbie went first and I swear I only blinked an eye and she was done. I didn't even see the needle or whatever she had that was supposed to be the vaccine. Wow! How was that even possible?

I went next. I sat down and she told me I needed to relax because I was terribly stiff. I tried to loosen up a bit though I didn't know how to because honestly, I didn't even know I was stiff? Haha! Then she took my arm and moved it in a circular motion once, twice, thrice. Then she moved and pinch and done. The pinch was so tiny I have hurt myself pinning up my scarf to my shirt worse than this a million times. And what about the time it should have taken to squeeze the vaccine in my arm? What about the feeling of the needle coming out of my arm? It was done? Seriously? Like, for real?

I told her, "You're the best!" before I left after signing up for my next shot. She gave us her name and told us to ask for her when we came again. Kathleen - the angelic, unreal, absolutely awesome vaccine woman! That's when the sign in her room started making sense instead of sounding sarcastic to me. She did do a small thing with great love ... really GREAT! Why can't everyone be like her?

It was done! I had done it! I had gone through a vaccine shot without being a baby!!! Yayyyyyyyyy! We were directed to another room after that where we were supposed to wait for fifteen minutes under observation. They would make sure we weren't having breathing issues or fainting or growing tails before they sent us home. Thankfully, I had no issues breathing, did not faint, and definitely did not grow a tail but there was just one thing bothering me: I wanted a sticker! I came for the sticker! Hahahaha! The lady there looked rude and stern and I wasn't sure what she'd do if I went and asked her to give me a sticker for my scrapbook. I did ask her though right before we signed out. She didn't seem like she was in the mood but then she said she'd check if she had any left. She got two out from a plastic cup - the last few left in the bottom and watched as I bounced out of the room super happy because I'd gotten a sticker! Hahahahahaha! That was my incentive for getting the vaccine. Oh and of course to get rid of the virus too, obviously! *winks*

PS: I had no socks with injections on them of course so I decided potion bottles would do just fine. OOTD! Hahahaha! We can just pretend they are vials full of the vaccine, okay?

Victory dance sequence activated!!!

I'm due for my second and final shot in the first week of April. They say it will fully begin protecting my body against the virus in a week or two after that second dose. I'm looking forward to being less anxious and paranoid about catching Covid. Not looking forward to the needle though. I hope I can really find Kathleen again!!! KATHLEEN, WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU?

EVERYONE! Please go and get vaccinated if you haven't already. It takes hardly any time, it does not hurt, and it can save us all! Let's get our world rid of this damned virus once and for all! I want to go back and vacation at the Wizarding World in Orlando without the fear of giving Covid to my parents as a souvenir present. Thanks! Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I hope your side-effects are light, because I think unpredictable side-effects are why many people aren't getting their vaccinations. Still, no-one has died from the vaccination yet, while (last time I checked) one in 57 people who catch Covid-19 have died. I'm glad I was one of the 56 who lived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I'm so sorry to hear you caught Covid but also so happy that you braved it through! Thank God!!! I hope the world heals soon. So many lives lost! It is tragic!
      I didn't get any side effects from the vaccine. Max I felt was soreness where they punctured my darling arm and a general soreness/tightness in the rest of the arm and a bit of my neck. I have a troublesome neck anyway so maybe the arm soreness just added to that. But nothing too bad at all thank God!!!

      Delete