Monday, March 29, 2021

Sara's Word ~ Living Like the White Rabbit From Wonderland

Time! Time!
Who's got the time!
I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!
No time to say Hello Goodbye!
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!

Wow, it's been so long since I last wrote an update post like this one, hasn't it? Well, blame it on the never ending load of work and what not that's always piled on top of my brain. My brain has pretty much become squished under all the load. It tried holding up but then - splooooooocchhhh - squashed. I literally have no time to say hello goodbye because it seems like I'm always running after time these days. I have become the White Rabbit from Alice In Wonderland, my friends!!!

It is true. I decided to watch the old time Disney classic version of Alice In Wonderland again a few days ago, this time with my darling nieces, and guess who I related with the most? The White Rabbit! Poor guy was absolutely out of his thing worrying about being late. That panic, that stress, that madness - I feel it all! I am the White Rabbit, the White Rabbit is me! Can you believe this!!!? Hahahaha!

I'm not saying life has been bad. No no no, no way, not at all. With the increase in work load, negativity all around, dealing with haters, and general awful things happening in my life, I've also managed to look at the light at the end of my rabbit hole. Oh and my rabbit hole's end is shining blindingly bright, let me tell you. It is what has kept me alive and sane! I've put on my sunglasses and continue to make my way through the hole, stubbornly focused on that blindingly bright light! I've truly been very grateful for so many things.

First and foremost for breathing freely and being healthy and alive while the world suffers through the Covid pandemic and so many die around me every minute. I'm so grateful to God for keeping me well. Not just me too, my entire family! My old parents, bro and sil who just have to go around places while I panic about their health, Abbie, and most important of all - the babies! We have all kept well and have lived through these difficult times and I'm ever so thankful for being blessed that way. I have also been lucky enough to receive my first dose of the vaccine and so have my family members. So lucky, so blessed!!!

Second, I've been successful in squeezing in, what I call 'Off Days', twice in a week. I get a couple hours to just shut off and be by myself during these Off Days. It has been the greatest blessing to get that time to recharge what's left of my squished mush of a brain. Without these couple of hours, I'd have crashed, I swear. God am I thankful for my Off Days!!!? Even though I know the entire heavens come together to conspire and ruin my Off Days, I've put up a great fight. Even those few hours of me time mean the entire world to me. I say it again, my brain would not have made through any of this without those few hours of the week!

It is these few hours that I live for. I finish all my work because I'm planning ahead for my Off Days. I'm always planning. I'm always making sure my plans go through. It feels like I'm hanging on that minutes' needle of the clock, begging it to somehow slow down and stop moving towards the next hour. If I could just stop time long enough to not need to flip the pages in my daily planner. I just need extra time, okay?!!! *Steam blows through ears*

PAUSE! Pause here. Let us get the bad stuff out of the way first. Then I can chat about the good stuff in the end and leave with that good vibe instead of the bad. Well other than the major time issue and the extremely hectic schedule of my life, there isn't too much bad stuff to vent about - just a bit! First, right now the worse thing that is happening in my world (other than the pandemic) is the news of a Cicadas' invasion happening possibly soon. My fear of bugs is severe and it is not going too well with the idea of a gazillion huge sized cockroach like bugs attacking my world. I still have to go out once on the seventh of April to get the second dose of my vaccine. If the Cicadas really are coming this year, I'm praying they stay underground until after I get my shot so I can then shut myself inside the house with the curtains shut closed until they do their business and die and leave me alone. I'm not kidding, I'm devastated. I cannot even take a tiny house fly without freaking out and this is just straight heart attack for me!!! Second, I'm dealing with lots of emotional negativity lately which is plain pathetic but I'm trying my best to fight it with my rainbow wall of happiness. The wall is suffering damage, yes. However, it still stands and I continue to patch and repair it as needed.

There. I got the bad stuff out of the way. Now the good stuff to cheer up my mood! I found a rainbow after a big storm yesterday! It seems like the world (pre-cicadas) still has some beauty to it! I've been doing some fun things on my off days like putting together new displays on my AwesomeBoard, trying my new Tombow Dual Brush Pens, cleaning my Potter shelves and rearranging them, and lots of blogging. I even got to try new recipes, cook to make my heart happy, even bake! Next up, Chunky's birthday is coming. She's turning three and I'm so excited! I've planned the cake and the theme in my head but it's going to be challenging and I'm nervous! I hope I can pull it off and make her happy. After that I'm planning my Ramadan baking, Eid cards for the kids, and SO much more! I have an awesome lot on my mind, as you can probably tell by now!

Tired, panicked running after time, but excited about what's to come next!
Minus the cicadas. God, PLEASE save me and don't send them near me please!!!
I hope everyone reading my blog is having an absolutely awesome 2021 so far!
Stay healthy everyone, and please get the vaccine if you can.
Oh and even then, stay distanced and safe ... we're almost there, don't bust it!

XoXo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment