Friday, March 12, 2021

Tombow Dual Brush Pens - My First Time!

It took me one full year to finally find the time to try these out, but when I did, I fell absolutely in love with my Tombow Dual Brush Pens! They're sleek, they're smooth, and they're creating super pretty art! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Doesn't that look absolutely gorjabulous!?

My SIL gifted these to me on one of last year's Eids and ever since then I'd been craving to get a chance to try them. Life got very busy after that Eid and even though I waited patiently for my chance to Tombow, I could physically feel the pens' presence in my desk drawer upstairs and it bugged me. Hahaha! They were there. I could feel them. All I needed was like an hour of peace with them, trying out what all I could do using them. Finally, I got my chance after almost an year. *Smacks her forehead* That's how hectic life's been. But saving that rant for another blog post.

Ahemmmmmmmmmm. Where was I? The Tombows, yes. They are awesome!!! I got gifted the Galaxy Palette because pinks and purples are just so me and SIL knows what a girly girl I am. I began saving some ideas and tips and tricks on Pinterest the day I'd received my Tombows so when I finally got to them I was all set and ready to create some pretty art! Of course I need so much more practice with these but for now let me show off what I did!

I used a silver marker over the blended colors in this heart for the perfect galaxy effect!

Right below the beautiful XoXo is where I swiped the blender pen to clean the tip! Even that looks so pretty!

I always wanted to do the tape peel technique! This looks so cool and it was also so satisfying peeling the tape away!

I'm smiling alright because I am in looooooove with my Tombows!!!

Isn't it beautiful what these pens can do? Just as is, pinks and purples cheer me up and this palette's shades are just so gorgeous. I love the turquoise and the blues too. The color combination is so so pretty! I used half a sheet of Mixed Media Paper for these and it worked great - no smudges, no seeping through, no tearing wet holes in the page. Since I have no idea about painting and all that good stuff so far I didn't know if the mixed media paper would work and I'd been a bit nervous. Everything turned out perfect!

You know, I'm already thinking of a gazillion ways in which I can use my Tombows. They'd be excellent for scrapbooking. I'd also be able to add gorgeous details to the greeting cards I make for my baby bubbsies on Eid. Oh and the beautiful stuff I could create for my AwesomeBoard too! These will be awesome! I'm already eyeing the other color palettes Tombow has. Oh my God!!! Look at the Celebration pack! The colors are screaming out for me!!! I think it is time to update that Wish List of mine!

Also enjoy this quick video of my Tombow session before you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment