Sunday, May 16, 2021

Eid Mubarak! Of Eid, Family, Lace, and Pink Peonies!

EID MUBARAK TO EVERYONE CELEBRATING ACROSS THE GLOBE!

That up there is my Eid card for 2021. My gorgeous super duper colorful Eid card for the nieces and the baby nephew. Pictorial on this beautiful card coming up soon! For now, it is time for an Eid show and tell with some pretty pictures and that's what this post is going to be all about!

My Eid ul Fitr 2021 was full of fun, family, laughter, and cuteness. I've never been much of an Eid person but ever since I have my nephew and nieces - a.k.a The Bubbsters - Eid has become such a happening event! On the very first day of Eid we enjoyed a family lunch with yummy food which was followed by exchanging Eid gifts with everyone. We had so much fun I ended up collapsing on the sofa after the party because I was just so tired. Abbie and I decorated the place in a gorgeous theme of lace and pink peonies so that everywhere you looked it looked peaceful, bright, cheery, and fabulous. We got all our food from Halal Guys and Pizza and Gyro restaurants and everything was so yummy (especially after the month long fasts!). All of our food, except the chicken roast that was beautifully done by mama! You give me delicious food and bring my nephew and nieces and offer me a good picture opportunity and you'll see me ecstatically dancing around with glee evident on my face! That is what Eid was like for me! Time to see those beautiful pictures now, shall we?

The Eid backdrop that was all lace and pink peonies!

The gorgeous table set up on our kitchen's island.

Look at the gorgeous pink peonies! They were a beautiful shade of blush pink!


This was our decor on the little raised counter we have in our kitchen. This is where we served our dessert which was brought to you by The Abbie! Her Siwaiyyan and Barfi were to die for. She also made keto bluberry muffins for the keto crazy bro who ended up allowing himself to taste the regular dessert on Eid day! Hahahah! Teased him so much about it!

That's the fireplace surrounded by the gifts we got for bro, SIL, and the Bubbsters. You can also spot the gnomes I hand painted for the girls (more detailed blog post coming up soon about those fellows!) and our Eid cards! More details on the Eid cards coming up soon too!

Look at how gorgeous our Eid cards were this year! The crescent moon dream catcher cards were done by Abbie and the colorful ones were by me. Look at those adorable tassels Abbie's cards have! LOVE THEM!

Say hello to the cutest gnomes ever! More on these fellows coming up next!

Special appearance by Hushly's bike along with the rest of the gifts!

Didn't it all look super pretty? I think it was our prettiest Eid decor so far! So pink and pretty and perfect! My kind of theme! This Eid was also super special in two more ways. First, it was Hushly's first Eid! The little cutie pie looked adorable in his little man clothes! Hahaha! Second, it was Dad's first Eid here with us ever since we moved to the US. For the first time it was our entire family gathered together with nobody missing! Masha'Allah! It was goooooooooooooooooood.

Look out for more Eid goodness coming up next. I'll soon be posting about the gnomes I hand painted and also showing up with a beautiful pictorial of my Eid card from this year. If I stay in a good mood (depends on how the earth revolves!) I may even post more about everyone's gifts in detail soon!

Until then ... Eid Mubarak! I hope everyone had a beautiful Eid just like mine!
May the world heal and become a better place and may we all get to witness another blessed Ramadan!

No comments:

Post a Comment