Friday, May 21, 2021

My Spring and Summer Ignoring Plan


Nope, this is not a recent picture.
Nope, I did not step outside.
Nope, I did not go this close to a plant.
Nope, that's not even my plant.
Yes, those are my feet though.

These are Abbie's hydrangeas and this is an old picture most probably from last year. Oh or maybe the year before the last - who knows? Who cares? Not me. Her plant is still there minus the blooms, but I refuse to step outside this year. That's because nature is misbehaving with me. It's being very very VERY rude. That cicadapocalypse that was supposed to hit my side of the world this year is finally starting to show its early signs and it's unacceptable. I repeat, it is unacceptable. Absolutely, completely, entirely unacceptable. Bro spotted several cicadas on his morning walks. Just yesterday he spotted the first on my side of the road on one of the trees near our backyard too. There's no denying it now, they are coming. I'm horrified. So I have a plan!

I have decided to completely ignore Spring and Summer this year. Spring and Summer 2021 will simply not be happening in my life. I will ignore them so hard they just won't exist. I will simply refuse to acknowledge the two seasons that precede my darling Fall. Yep, that's right. In my head I'll go straight from Winter to pre-Fall to Fall and Winter again. That period in the middle? I'll stay shut indoors, with curtains covering up the bug fest happening outside my windows, and won't step out till Fall arrives.

There will be no Spring and Summer AwesomeBoard displays this year. There will be no Spring and Summer decor showing up in my room. There will be no celebration of these two seasons. Oh and believe me, this plan will work. That's because I hate the outdoors anyway. I'm a homebody who will love staying shut inside her house while time and the cicadapocalypse passes me by outside. I'm going to try not even talking about the darn bugs actually. Recently I experienced backlash from folks because I expressed my horror at the mention of cicadas. I was told, "why are you bothered, its not like you have to go out!" I wondered and I figured that is true. So I'm going to bottle up my fear of bugs until (God forbid big time!) I have to encounter one ending up crawling inside my house. In that case I'm totally panicking and screaming and crying and doing whatever it is I will do. But other than that, I'm not going to say anything and I'll just pray a miracle wipes them out so they never attack my world again. *breathes in ... breathes out* I think I'm going to be fine?!?!???

So it is settled then.
No Spring.
No Summer.
Complete ignorance.
Avoiding the bugs in whatever way I can.
Hiding indoors till everything passes.

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll be putting up a non seasonal AwesomeBoard display and working on other important fun things in my room instead. I won't look right. I won't look left. I'll stare at that darling season of Fall right ahead of me. I'll stare and stare and stare till I finally make it!

So Fall 2021 ... here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment