Sunday, December 25, 2022

Sara's Word - Major End of Year 2022 Rant

No, this picture hasn't been posted in error. It is a picture of mess. Because this is what is my reality right now. Let the rant begin!

I don't think this has ever happened before but I am nowhere even near ready to finish 2022 with my usual blog posts and winter decor or anything else! I mean, by this time I am usually done scheduling my end of year blog posts so they'd start posting automatically. I'm also usually done and ready with winter decor in my room. I'm also done giving my room a full and final clean to be ready and fresh for the new year. I'm done reflecting on the past year's resolutions and even done deciding what my next year's resolutions would be. I am done with everything! Usually. This year, I have done none of that. What I have been doing instead is cleaning other people's mess, fixing other people's problems, and dealing with other people's cr*p while my own things remain unfinished. Yes, this is my end of year rant! How about something new this year, right? How about instead of an end of year entry I post an end of year rant! *laughs*

Truth is I have spent the entire month of December attending to the grand mess Dad had shipped here which had become home to an infestation of spiders and bugs that I can't even name in our garage. Outdoors and bugs are generally not supposed to be my department and not the kind of chores or things-to-do that I agree to doing. However, I realized nobody was going to make a move unless I pushed it so ... I pushed it. My neck is completely broken. I think those bulging disks of my spine must have fallen out and down inside my tummy by now. My back is broken. Maybe next time they check I'll have bulging disks there too? My foot, which suffers from Achilles Tendonitis, demands rest and I continue to ignore the poor baby. The neck ache has caused a permanent spasm in my shoulders which makes my arms feel dead and weak. I can't even type or use the computer unless my elbows rest on some kind of surface. My wrists hurt. My brain hurts. Everything hurts thanks to that darn garage!!!

I have been pulling heavy cartons and crates full of absolutely useless trash. I have been dragging heavy frames and mirrors and canvases across distances. When the pain went beyond my control (and truth be told, when that one giant spider dead body nearly touched my hand) I begged Abbie to call a trash collecting truck service thingy and just have everything hauled in one go. I begged her that we would pay for the trash collection instead of me sorting and dragging two bulky items for the local trash truck which only comes once a week. After much pain, trouble, and thinking ... A TRUCK FINALLY ARRIVED! Yes. This past Friday a truck took everything. I just stood in one place pointing at what was to be taken while other more healthy and abled men with necks that weren't aching hauled everything away. It is gone. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I can't. I just can't. EVERYTHING is gone. Now I'm waiting on a maid service to show up and give the garage a deep clean so those dead bodies are gone too.

I was on a mission to get the garage done before the new year began and I think this has been one of my biggest achievements of 2022. GARAGE CLEANING! It had become impossible. Now that it is done I find myself way too broken to be able to do anything of my own. My arms hurt right now as I type. My brain isn't well enough to begin Winter decorating. I'm just tired beyond belief in ways I never even knew I could tire. I tried doing my end of year blog post but because that wasn't working I decided I needed to type a rant. I hope that this rant will clear my brains a bit and hopefully shake it back into place so I can get back to being awesome!

If I ever make it to typing up another blog post, I'll see you there. But if I don't, here's me wishing everyone reading a very happy new year! I already have so many hopes and expectations from 2023, it better not disappoint!!!

XoXo,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment