Tuesday, January 10, 2023

2023 Goals and Resolutions


I'm excited! I am really expecting a lot from 2023 and I'm just ... so excited! I don't know if these are the 'New-Year-Energy-Vibes' but I'm somehow feeling really pumped up for this year. I feel determined to make everything happen, eager to experience whatever the year holds for me, and hoping for a lot of good change. Not change in the world, but change in me ... change within me. I'm done writing my New Year's goals and resolutions and I've already started working on some of them actually. I kinda feel proud of myself already. I usually do not set specific goals to keep them realistic and achievable but this year I'm doing it differently. My resolutions this year are very precise and really definitive and clear-cut. There's no giving myself room to be flexible about my plans this year. There's only going out there and trying to achieve or just admitting that I couldn't when the year ends. Here they are ... ready, steady, go!

Love my awesome self
Self love is one of my constant resolutions each year. Unfortunately I am not the most loved human on earth and with there being very few special people who actually care about me I take it as my own responsibility to love myself. From the tiniest little things like maintaining a set beauty routine to take care of my skin to the big stuff like achieving body peace and loving who I am regardless of what anybody has to say ... this resolution includes it all!

Lose at least ten pounds
This is what I meant when I said I would be very definitive with my goals this year. Though I have to lose way more than just ten pounds to get back to a healthy body I'm starting by setting this goal. I'm planning to walk as much as I can outside while Winter lasts and the bugs are gone. My exercise ball is placed in the middle of the room to squeeze in a set of workouts every time I get a few minutes to breathe. I have a serious weight loss diet in place. I've already begun working on this one and I'm really proud of myself right now. It's just tough because I'm dealing with Achilles tendonitis and I really really hope I can see some results to encourage my efforts soon.

Find and break a bad habit
I found one, yes. I hate it. I want to get rid of it. It is a bad habit I'd already busted several years ago but I see it coming back and I'm so annoyed because of it resurfacing. It must be drowned and it must go so far deep that it is never able to surface ever again.

Work on spiritual goals
This isn't something I like making public because this is more personal to me and I feel like it should be just my own thing so I won't get into details. However, I usually leave this open ended too but this year I have a very defined plan and I'm going to be really critical of myself. I hope at the end of the year I report back with some success.

Try or learn something new
Once again lets plan on me learning how to stitch so I can alter the length of all my Potter Pajamas. There are also many other things I have been wanting to try and learn. I'm resolving to come out on the other end of this year being able to say I tried something new.

Mega declutter and sorting
The people living in my house should be on some TV show for cluttering up the place. Seriously. Last year I tackled the garage and the mess Dad had had shipped to our place. This year I'm aiming for inside the house. Every single corner has stuff I am ready to throw out. Lets see if I can work on all of it. This also includes my own room and space. I'm planning to purge a lot of clothes from my closet which used to fit my teenage self but even though they no longer fit they have somehow made it into my thirties taking up so much space. Everything has to go.

Shut my heart to haters
To be honest I have been working on this for several years and every little step and every tiny effort has just made me stronger and stronger. I want to continue working on this one again this year because the hate is stronger than ever and out in the open.

Get back to regular blogging
I was horrible to my blog last year. I hardly could write. Either there was no time or my brain was too messed up to be able to come up with anything. I want to change that. I loved blogging about anything and everything and I want to get back to it and become regular once again.

Make the scrapbook happen
Another one of my hobbies which was eaten up because nobody left me any time to do my own things ... things that make me happy. I have planned it out and I'm going to make the scrapbook happen this year. I've already started!

Calm down and breathe
This is a must. I'm following Newt Scamander's advice more than ever this year and will only stress about stuff if and when I get there. No stressing twice. I'm taking one day at a time in fact an hour at a time if I can do that. I need to calm down and I need to breathe. I really need to before I lose my mind.

Rebuild the rainbow wall
I'm sad to report that the rainbow wall I put up as a shield against everything has faced structural damages. There are cracks that need sealing and pieces missing where it needs to be rebuilt. I have to kick into the Tamatoa spirit again. "Send your armies but they'll never be enough. My shell's too tough."

Good luck to me!
Bring it on 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment